2" lowering kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garydalton

Reaction score
Im lowering 2nd gen 2" , any unforseen problems associated with lowering??

Im lowering 2nd gen 2" , any unforseen problems associated with lowering??

Depends on your riding preferences. It will greatly reduce your maximum lean angle. Not an issue if you don't do a lot of aggressive riding through the "twisties"

I am picking up my 2014 VMAX in Saturday. The prior owner lowered the seat by two inches by adjusting something in the bike I'm not familiar with. Could you explain how he did that and now I can raise it back up?

Thank you forum.

Steve18643

He could have modified the seat (a service we also offer) and simply exchange it or buy a stock core (we also offer), OR he may have put a lowering link in place which would require you to swap that back out with the stock part (ask him to provide it to you).

one2dmax:

Thanks for the reply. The prior owner told me that he made an adjustment beneath the existing seat that lowered it by two inches. I did not see an adjustment mentioned in the owners manual. I'll ask him about the lowering link and see if he still has the stock part.

I'm 6'1" and 260lbs. What new seat would you recommend?

Thanks Very Much,

Steve18643

You may like the comfort of the new seat (which is why most have us do lowering on them to begin with). I'd try it first and see how you like it. Post up pics of the bike if you get a chance. You can always email me at [email protected]

Sean

Back