2 or 3 front brake hoses - what's the diifference?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02GF74

Reaction score
I'll be looking to replace all brake hoses by braided ones, no reason other than I can and it is a small upgrade (plus original ones are 23+ years old now)

I see packages of 2 hoses - mount direct to brake master - described as racing as well as 3 hoses that replace the originals and use the 3 way splitter.

The 2 hose variant seem to imply that they are an improvement but I fail to see how - anybody wish to enlighten me?

We've sold both and stock both for a long time. The 2 line is cheaper. Performance is the same. 3 line is a cleaner look with a single line running from the splitter to the master vs both lines running all the way.

ok, thanks - confirms what I suspected. In theory the 3 line should be better as there is less hose length to expand (not that it would be noticeable), potentially lighter plus if the 3 way union had some cunning valving it could shut off the brake fluid to a failed lower hose.

Just a matter of choosing black or natural stainless steel finish....

ok, thanks - confirms what I suspected. In theory the 3 line should be better as there is less hose length to expand (not that it would be noticeable), potentially lighter plus if the 3 way union had some cunning valving it could shut off the brake fluid to a failed lower hose.

Just a matter of choosing black or natural stainless steel finish....
Stainless steel will look coler, as one can see its an upgrade, black harder to see, but more stylish. Hard to choose:)

I like the look of the two hoses on mine 🤷‍♂️ They don’t look stainless though unless the black version covers that.

I prefer the three lines with a middle splitter on the lower yoke purely because I can get the curves of the lower lines to be the same, you can't really get them to stay even when one has to cross to the other side of the wheel with a two line set up

Latest posts

Back