2 things here sticky brake lever and i got brake fluid all over!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jpvmax

Reaction score
Gonna explain this best i can, the brake lever when you pull it slow it is sticky and sqeaky but if you pull it hard like for a hard stop its fine, the slower you pull the worse it is, and the noise seems to come from under the resivior where the plunger is, also when i open the cover brake fluid leaked down around the shroud around the key area and stained it white, NOT COOL :bang head: so i am also looking for that shroud now if anyone has one that would be cool:punk:

First i love the avatar;The noise'When you apply the brake?Youll get better answers than mine'Im sure.Im guessing your front brake master cylinder is dryed out.May try some wd 40 in the hole where the lever presses aganist the plunger.I don't believe it will hurt anything.It will mabye narrow down the problem.Maybe time for a rebuild.Check out Cheap yahama parts.If all else fails.Good luck.Wish you the best.Terry

I rebuilt mine myself, was having the same problem of it feeling "catchy" when applying normally, fairly easy task to perform, bought my kit from Sean.............................Tom.

I rebuilt mine myself, was having the same problem of it feeling "catchy" when applying normally, fairly easy task to perform, bought my kit from Sean.............................Tom.

Tom, yes, I have rebuilt 'em too, but the rebuild I just tried on my clutch master for my FZR 1000 didn't take, it was worn-out, so I bit the bullet. Unless you are absolutely scraping the bottom of the barrel for $, it's better to have a new part, I am going to buy new from now-on. Throw the old one in your spares box.

It's raining like hXXX here & I am getting ready to drive to Daytona.

I can't argue with the logic that new is the better way to go, but in my case the mileage on my Max was like 12-13K so I chose the reseal route, everything cleaned up nice with the bore smooth and blemish free, turned out good for me................Enjoy your time in Daytona Fire Man!.....I hope the weather clears up for everyone.......................Tom.

Latest posts

Back