2000 or 2005 Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98VMax71

Reaction score
Hello all, I sold my 98' and now have the opportunity to get either a 2000 or a 2005 (20th anniversary). Both have less than 20k miles. Any thoughts?

Against what seems to be popular opinion i am partial to the 2000. I really dont care for the flat black engines. Having a badged anniversary edition would be cool and the black wheels look good but side by side I stick with the 2000 for looks then a 97. In the end, price, mechanical and overall condition would be my deciding factors.

Against what seems to be popular opinion i am partial to the 2000. I really dont care for the flat black engines. Having a badged anniversary edition would be cool and the black wheels look good but side by side I stick with the 2000 for looks then a 97. In the end, price, mechanical and overall condition would be my deciding factors.
I happen to have some black wheels if you really like them.lol

Performance and function are no different. The 05 arguable may have more value. But as mentioned earlier you may just want to look over the bike and see if one stands out as being better maintained.

Latest posts

Back