2000 stock bottom end

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilsonishere

Reaction score
This is my old max first time on a dyno. I have done all the work in my one car garage and this is just my baseline for tuning.

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 112
Anyone got any pointers to get this air fuel curve straightened out. The bike has a stage 7 kit.

Attachments

• Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 43
Anyone got any pointers to get this air fuel curve straightened out. The bike has a stage 7 kit.

First of all, do you know what the jets are, needle position, etc.

More importantly how does the bike perform at part throttle? Those are pretty good HP numbers, and you may not be able to improve on HP, but might be able to improve on drive-ability.

Here is a cross reference chart.

Attachments

• Jet_Numbers_Cross_Reference_Sheet.jpg
    Jet_Numbers_Cross_Reference_Sheet.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 26
Mikuni

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

IMHO, that is part of the problem. If your using Mikuni jets.....or MK's for short, you should probably be using 150's thru 155's. Which is what most people run. Since your also using a stage 7 kit, in the directions it says to change PAJ#2's to DJ 190's (equal to around MK 177. Swap that back to the stock MK 170). The needles will then need to be around the 3rd clip or so. (You will have to tune these.....maybe lower....maybe higher because every bike is different.) Lastly the A/F screws will probably need to be around 3-4 turns out (as well tune to the bike).

Lastly.......what is your float level at? The Vmax seems to like having the floats lean. The setting for a Vmax is 15-17 mm. (that is of course stock bore......etc) So set for 17. HP wise, I dont think your gonna get much better on the HP.....BUT, if your running 165 MK's, and running that rich, running around town is probably pretty soggy. Going to this set-up should make it crisper, and help with Gas mileage. TUNED RIGHT........you should get high 30-'s to low 40's

Also is the Vboost still functioning? Dynojet has their kits set up so rich, that you have to disconnect the Vboost so its WO to help lean everything out.

Below are the directions for stage 7.

Attachments

• 4716.pdf
    134.3 KB · Views: 4
No when my friend ported my heads we took the vboost off. It was real lean on the lower end so I swapped in 42 primarys which helped my bottom end. The dyno guy suggest 160 mikuni jets by the graph but he is a Harley guy and has not messed with a vmax so he figured drop the needles a notch or two to get the midrange richness corrected

No when my friend ported my heads we took the vboost off. It was real lean on the lower end so I swapped in 42 primarys which helped my bottom end. The dyno guy suggest 160 mikuni jets by the graph but he is a Harley guy and has not messed with a vmax so he figured drop the needles a notch or two to get the midrange richness corrected

Try the 160's and see what will happen. So, if the heads are ported.....etc, you should be making more hp. Here is a video of my last dyno run about 1.5 years ago. I have the printout but on another computer. I'm at 120 hp.....119.6, but thats with a heavy rear wheel, so with a stock wheel it should be 124 ish with a stock wheel. Listen on the last run, and you can see how quickly it revs up (and its in 5th gear). and he starts the runs around 2700 rpm.

On the video on the wall, the A/F was around 13.6 to 13.7 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jIpfPeo8Sw

Latest posts

Back