• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2000 vmax carbon fiber for sale in Central Texas

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sufidancer

Reaction score
Well I am selling my Max. I bought it used in 2006 for 7k. It has under 16,000 miles on the odometer.
If you search my post you will see I have had my share of issues but took care of them.
Fixed the starter clutch 3 times. Replaced the clutch pack once. Just put a new battery last month (battery box mod) I have all the Yamaha options: crash bars, sissy bar and rack, Leather Corbin seat, no other mods done to it. It has a faded carbon fiber paint. Dropped in the garage once , kid was screwing around broke off the ball end of the break lever so I cut the other one off to match. I kept up the fluids and replaced the rear brakes. Tires are in good shape . The carbs are good, I have one airmix screw stripped and I did not try and tap it out or nothing as the bike starts and idles ok. That will have to be addressed though. It runs great on the highway the only issue is the idle when coming to a stop it needs a bit of choke to keep from dying. The Vboost works but I do not always here it make the start up noise. I mean it does and sometime it does not. The front shocks either need some air or thicker fluid or a progressive spring job which I have not done either. The price is reflecting all these minor issues though. I am just not riding anymore and this thing is really needing someone to ride it. I keep it warmed up and take it for a ride once a week. I keep fresh gas in it. I put a new fuel filter last year. All the rubber and seals seem to be good to go no vaccum leaks or stuff like that. have a ad up in the Killeen Tx Craiglist is anyone is in the area. 2750.00 but will negotiate. I could address these issues but am pretty busy right now and just want it to sell to someone who will ride the thing. Feel free to ask questions.
Vmax-speedo.jpg

Vmax-left-side.jpg

Back