1st Gen V-Max 2000 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just acquired it in February 12k miles love the bike and slowly absorbing the useful tips trick and knowledge that you vet’s provide thank you

Great looking bike.

Is that a custom color or a respray of the OEM purple? Either way it's gotta be quite a head turner, very very nice!

Welcome!

Great looking bike.

Is that a custom color or a respray of the OEM purple? Either way it's gotta be quite a head turner, very very nice!

Welcome!
I suspect the first pic's 'purple' color is related to the K rating of the lighting there. In other pics, it looks more like a blue than a purple. I have an original '86 which was built in Oct. '85, and it has what appears to be the similar color to the '85 purple.

DPS is Deep Scarlet, which was the most-popular '85 color for USA, see the frame numbers below.

VMax VIN chart-country-colors.png

VMax VIN chart-country-colors.07.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.06.png

Last edited:
I think your right, I found the purple rear fender off the 85 just now, it looks almost black in a poorly lit room, in the sun like midnight blue with a little less purple than I recall on the tank. The OP's bike looks stunning, a perfect shade of blue IMHO, much better than this 85 fender, which is likely a VDV variant based on the chart above.

It is vinyl wrap 3m DeepSpace love the color not sure about durability and does show few flaws up close . Definitely could have done better job on surface prep. Lesson learned.

Back