1st Gen V-Max 2001 Carbon Canadian Imported in Tokyo, bought on Yahoo Auction JP

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MC Sencha

Reaction score
VMax Year
Always dreamt about owning a Vmax since a teenager. This one is in a mint condition imported from Canada, bought here in Tokyo in a shop called SEED Motorcycles via Yahoo Auction! I Only had it for a few days. I had to change the tires, oil and battery. The only potential problem might be the generator producing 13v instead of 14v from what the shop told me.

Screenshot 2022-06-05 at 14.46.17.pngScreenshot 2022-06-05 at 14.48.31.png
Screenshot 2022-06-05 at 14.48.09.png
The mufflers are a Japanese brand I believe making a racking noise! 良品 ESPER製 Vmax1200用4本出しスリップオンマフラー「中古」の落札価格|マフラー本体(社外)|ヤフオク! 落札相場- オークファン(aucfan.com)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-05 at 14.46.30.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-05 at 14.46.30.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2022-06-05 at 14.48.21.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-05 at 14.48.21.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Looks to be in fine shape. A regulator/rectifier may be in your future.

Looks to be in fine shape. A regulator/rectifier may be in your future.

Thanks. I reckon the shop is trying to charge me about $500 USD for that. If this is the regulator/rectifier unit I suppose the price should be much cheaper. Maybe I could even change it myself.

Bill Seward will soon give one alternative, I suggest a MOSFET-style R/R. Yes to changing it yourself. Use the upper-right search function to get info on the ease with which you can do it, and options for the equipment.

Soldering the three wires from the Stator to the corresponding wires into the R/R (there are three, there is no particular order) removes the plug, which can become oxidized and cause problems. Use a good shrink-wrap over the individual rosin-core solder splices. Out of the R/R, there are two, one to + battery and one to ground.

Congrats on finding your new (to you) Max!
I like those cool frame braces, anyone know who makes them?
Thanks! No idea as I bought it as it is on the photos. I believe there is also an additional piece in front on the fork just above the front fender.

Back