2001 Vmax riding and handling...?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgosset1

Reaction score
Everyone is always complaining about the way these bike handle on the road...I just wanted to say that i disagree with everyone of you on that .... I'm riding smooth streets and not on the track with it...The ride is comfortable, the shifting is silky smooth, can stop it on a dime, unbelievable acceleration for this limited hp rated bike, not a rattle on it, zero vibration, not death wobble, etc.....This bike is superb compared to most I have been on....I don't try and lick the road on my turns; the design of these bikes will never allow that....when they call it a custom cruiser, that is exactly what it is.....This bike is going to be in my garage for the rest of my riding days...when i get too old to ride it, then i will just stare at it....(one exception) I would trade it for a new one...lol...

I feel the same way.... Now that I have a new FZ8, I'll take it out for the twisty rides... Nothing compares to a VMax when kept in it's element.

Had a Young Lady at Cycle Gear. tell me about the 2 VMax's and their riders who had been in. One on a Gen I and one on a Gen II. She said
VMax Riders were like the Gods of Mythology. When I told her I had 2 Gen I VMax's she really lit up.. It's Legendary, It's Awe Inspiring, It's a
feeling that lasts forever. Nothing compares...

I sat on one of the FZ8 rockets the other day at the yamaha house....I felt really good and plenty good size for less than a liter bike.....I owned a 2002 carbed FZ1 and had no complaints. Still trying to figure out why I sold it....It had 12k miles on it and ran like new...fast!!

The FZ feels like a Moped (Weight Wise) with a VMax Engine. Haven't opened mine up
but did on the Yamaha Test Ride. Hit 101 in a heartbeat.

A friend bought a 2005 FZ1 the same Halloween Day. Like New, 10k miles, $3900.00.
Itook my 94 VMax out with him today. The bikes seemed pretty equal on the straights...

When I got my Max I thought it was the best bike on the road.
The only person who's ridden my bike since I bought it (my mate), who rode it straight away came back telling people how well it handles (He rides a 1600 Harley). It tell people it's a f*ing handfull to ride, because in comparison to sports bikes it requires a fair bit of finesse.
In comparison to other cruisers it handles like it's on rails. I do a lot of lane splitting and have to honk the sports bikes out of the way. Jeepers, if a V-max can get through, so can you! Hurry up!

I never want another bike. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Back