2002 vmax wiring schematic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
I need to email this to dynatek and i cant find it. Anyone know how to come up with the schematic for the ignition.

Do you mean this? (From an earlier year but most prolly the same)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-30 at 6.58.19 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-03-30 at 6.58.19 PM.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 27
And here's a later one (sorry can't remember which letter is which year..)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-30 at 7.01.55 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-03-30 at 7.01.55 PM.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 19
yes but it needs to be for the right year. I know it changed throughout the years. And a web site on it would be better for reading and emailing to them.

Click on Morley's advertising banner. Look under the "How to "section. There are four different wiring diagrams, for all years of the bike. Very easy to follow. God bless Mr. Morley.

and here are the two wiring diagram pages from the Haynes manual - showing it to be the same from 90-03 (pretty sure there's no change from '04 to '07 either)

Attachments

• chap09 (dragged) 1.pdf
    736.3 KB · Views: 17
  • chap09 (dragged).pdf
    721.3 KB · Views: 18
My 2005 won't run in neutral on the kick stand for the last month. (Used to warm it up that way)
Buddy & I went at it today and tested the clutch switch, the kick stand switch and the neutral switch.
The neutral switch isn't perfect on the meter, but it lights the neutral light with no problem. (It grounds solid in a sweet spot, but still won't run the motor in that spot with the kick stand down.)
Motor still quits when I let out the clutch with neutral light on and kick stand down.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and found a solution?
Clutch switch is normally open and closed when clutch disengaged.
Kick stand switch is normally closed and opens when kick stand is down.
Neutral switch is normally open and closed when in neutral.
All that tells me that if any one of those three switches is closed... the engine should stay running.
It's the neutral switch that won't keep the engine running, but why?

if it runs in neutral with the stand up, does it stop the motor if you put the stand down while it is running

Is the neutral light on? That should then let the relays ignore the position of the clutch and sidestand.

Latest posts

Back