2004 vmax battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris08170817

Reaction score
I want to replace my current battery with someting heavier duty and probably a AGM battery. Does anyone have any recomendations I looked at odessy and panisonic

I'm running MotoBatt MB16AU Quadflex. I think it's great, except it is a few millimeters too wide. It's advertised as a direct replacement for the OEM, so I figured "What's a few millimeters? Shouldn't be a big deal, right?". Well lemme tell you, the effer ain't coming out without cutting up the battery box. :bang head: Hopefully, it won't be for a long time until it needs to come out.

See my post about batteries in the Tech section,
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=113&page=13

I also realized that the battery for my John Deere lawn tractor is the same as the "Morley's Muscle" battery upgrade, at least in size. I happen to have a spare battery for my lawn tractor on my shelf, albeit a lead/acid one. I kinda like the Odyssey, and was planning a "road trip" to acquire one (see my post). If the terminals are on the correct sides, I may just use this instead. Even if they aren't, I can make some jumpers to 'stretch' the points of connection, similar to the carpentry "board stretcher" every apprentice carpenter is asked to bring to the jobsite, ot retrieve from the gangbox!

I've heard some good things about the Panasonic Battery but I have 2 Odysseys.. One is 4 years old and going strong. It may be a while before I need to replace one... I've read 8 to 12 year service life on the Odyssey's.. Good Luck.....

I got the Panasonic about three years ago, never a problem, fits perfect.

I put a battery tender jr. on every other month through the winter.

Thanx guys has anyone tried the panasonic battery
I bought a UB12180 (meets Panasonic Specs) about 4-5 years ago and it's still working perfectly for me.
I do keep a trickle charger on it when I store the bike though.

Last edited:
WOW...BatteryMart.com is listing the PC680 for $114 right now........Mine is on life support but looking like its gonna make it......but I figure i'll get proven wrong right AFTER the sale is done.....:damn angry:

http://www.batterymart.com/p-odysse...dyssey_pc680&gclid=CLbwzerEiK8CFQjd4Aod_1g9Mg

...and just for clarity....the pc680 fits in the stock box WITHOUT a shoe horn or worse, yes?

That is a good price for the PC680. Can be shipped right to your home, and as Gamorg02 mentioned.... slides right in to the stock battery box. One yr on mine and still working great !

They Odyssey in mine is "at least" 6 years old and it still works perfectly. I say "at least" because it was in the bike when the previous owner got it.

It spins the engine over like a top even in the middle of winter.

They're not cheap but if you never want to fuss with your battery again, it's a solid choice.

Can the bigger battery do any damage to the starting system?.

by bigger you mean size or more amps? if more amp rating, it takes longer to charge so if you regularly go short trips the stock 16 amp is better but if you go long trips then the 18 or 20 amp battery will have more reserve.

Latest posts

Back