2005 #502 of 2,000 Gas Mileage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
First calculation of the mileage in my new 2005 vmax, 44.4 miles per gallon!

That is mostly cruising on state highways, 55 to 65 MPH.

I am pleased with the result on the first check.

Has supertrapp exhaust with 8 disk in each side. Factory jetting. New tires.

Wow, that's damn good. I have tried for years to go through a tank of gas just riding smooth and easy to check my gas mileage :rofl_200: As far as I can tell I'm getting around low 30's.

My 05 is a stocker and cruising at 55 to 65 I am sure 44mpg is very doable.

With a mix of driving I am averaging 40 mpg.

O

My gas light hits around 85-90 miles. Never made it past 90 yet but I'm enjoying the experience regardless.

I wonder if my carbs have a custom setup. What's the easiest way to determine if you have a stage 1 or other kit?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wow,44 mpg is dang good! With mixed freeway and stop light riding I'm getting about 32 mpg.That's with stage 7,Mark's exhaust and full time V boost. Not sure about how to tell stage one set up but stage 7 has a vent hose going from my oil filler fitting to the K&N air filters.
Mike

Just got back from a wknd 300 mile ride averaged around the same 44 mpg with a 70/30 Hwy/city mix. My bike is all stock 100%
In the city with easy riding I am hitting the fuel light around 100 to 110 mi . I do fill it up to the top completely .
Light came on at 120 with no ethanol mixed fuel filled in Oklahoma.

I'm doing good to get 30, but I am rarely going as slow as 65...

With Wyoming wind and hills I rode 300 miles last Saturday and averaged around 42 mpg going 65-70 mph. I was genuinely surprised. I've had my 04' vmax for less than a month and that was the first time I paid attention. From what I had read I was expecting the low 30s. The max actually did better on gas mileage than my husband's Raider (cruiser).

With Wyoming wind and hills I rode 300 miles last Saturday and averaged around 42 mpg going 65-70 mph. I was genuinely surprised. I've had my 04' vmax for less than a month and that was the first time I paid attention. From what I had read I was expecting the low 30s. The max actually did better on gas mileage than my husband's Raider (cruiser).

I used to live in Casper Wyo and I know what you mean about the wind!

O

THE WIND!! Oklahoma has some wind too. Generally we consider it nice if we can have 15 mph wind. Normally 20 to 25 mph wind.

I'm doing good to get 30, but I am rarely going as slow as 65...
I hear ya, 65 mph is just a quick blip in second gear for me. If I was looking for '' good '' gas milage I would be riding a 250 Ninja :biglaugh: For my riding style I'm happy with my low 30's mpg......

Back