• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2005 Anniversary Edition #1026 - For Sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very similar, except the snow has changed to ice... The air here is so dry that any flurries stick. The snow has turned to 5" inches of ice on the roads in the less driven areas. I had to make service calls yesterday over 380 miles and it was a pain... Trying to ride in this with a normal street bike would be masochism let alone a MAX... LOL.
Geez, that's an exercise in determination. I just checked the outside thermometer, 82 degrees F today.

82 degrees, I envy you. It has been close or below 10 degrees for the last 5 days. Oh and yes of course a MAX can be ridden on Ice. I have ridden several of my bikes I have had on snowy roads and ice. I road my S2 350 triple and one of my CB750s on Ice in the past and other than just to prove I could do it, it was not fun to me. More work than anything. But the 750 Lb Max on ice would be too easy to drop. Then you have to pick it up on ice. I'll pass...

Yea, I have a couple friends that have bikes setup for ice. But like it was just said, dirt bikes with studs or spikes in the tires. Those bikes weight close to 250 lbs. My XR 250 was a 250 lb 4 stroke. 2 strokes were less when they were available. That is fun...

This is my third. 2003 and 2 - 2005 Anniversary Editions. Bought the first 2 new. I was hit on both of those. Drove 280+ miles to get the third one used from a dealer in GA. I was in Tallahassee, FL at the time. A great machine... 1st one was nicely modified. Last 2 tightened up a bit with T-boost, Carb mods, Nology wires, otherwise stock except the rear tire. A radial on both. No Wobble at 120+.
On my 05 I turn coward at 100 MPH.

I have been trying to sell a 2005 anniversary edition. It has some miles on it, 31,000, but I think perhaps that these don't command the "premium" you might expect. I am having trouble selling at around $4000 level. Heck, any late model Vmax Gen1 usually goes easily at that level. Sheesh.

The bike is immaculate, and I will not take a penny less, but Dang. I thought it would be an easy sell.

Around here, the market for used bikes is depressed. Because of the 31K miles, that '05 Anniversary is seen by the casual user as 'high-miles,' though it isn't excessive. Come spring, you may have more traffic.

I have an '05, sitting.

Latest posts

Back