• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2005 Anniversary Edition #1026 - For Sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
Sad to say but it's time to sell my true love. Here's a couple pictures, if you need more let me know.
The only modifications have been the addition of the bug shield, mini blinkers & the Supertrapp exhausts.

Never been down, never been wet, garage kept every day of her life & 13,035 original miles.

Bike is in Oregon!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20160626_115430.jpg
    20160626_115430.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 20160626_115339.jpg
    20160626_115339.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 156
  • 20150628_135815.jpg
    20150628_135815.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 160
Sad to say but it's time to sell my true love. Here's a couple pictures, if you need more let me know.
The only modifications have been the addition of the bug shield, mini blinkers & the Supertrapp exhausts.

Never been down, never been wet, garage kept every day of her life & 13,035 original miles.

Bike is in Oregon!

Thanks!
Where at in Oregon?

Perhaps it's one of those domestic situations:

Wife: "you have to put that %$#!** motorcycle up for-sale!"

Husband: "OK, honey I did!"

Later
Wife: "why haven't you sold that &^#$@!!* motorcycle?"

Husband: "I dunno honey, I haven't gotten any offers on it!"

:D:rolleyes:o_O

Just for reference
I had a2005 #1021 bought it almost new
With a beautiful stainless and carbon exhaust it came with the stock exhaust as well bought the stock backrest had 3500 Km on it
put derlin bushings a set of frame rods and a fork brace in it put metzlers on it I paid 7500 cad when I got it put 35000 km on it and sold it stock for 6500 cad sold the exhaust and the backrest for 1200 never dropped no wet. Just for reference and this was a true numbered not just a plate
Hope this helps
Peter

Peter, I bought my 2005 about a year and a half ago and always wondered about the badge on the tank. Mine does not have a number on it but have heard many on the forum here mention their badge "number". Can you or anyone tell me why they did that, numbered some and not others? Have always wondered that.

Maybe it's not a bike for the USA market? I think the VIN can confirm if it is or not. Perhaps a replacement 2005 faux gas tank cover doesn't have the #?

Peter, I bought my 2005 about a year and a half ago and always wondered about the badge on the tank. Mine does not have a number on it but have heard many on the forum here mention their badge "number". Can you or anyone tell me why they did that, numbered some and not others? Have always wondered that.

wyatearp

From what I understand the first 2000 bikes in the series were numbered and the rest got plain plates not sure if this meant a specific market for the numbered bikes I believe they went out everywhere I have seen a couple since that had the number and a couple that didn’t. Hope this helps.
Only thing I can tell you is that it seemed to make a difference when I sold it first question from everyone was whether it was numbered.

The 10 and the 5
Cheers
Peter

wyatearp

From what I understand the first 2000 bikes in the series were numbered and the rest got plain plates not sure if this meant a specific market for the numbered bikes I believe they went out everywhere I have seen a couple since that had the number and a couple that didn’t. Hope this helps.
Only thing I can tell you is that it seemed to make a difference when I sold it first question from everyone was whether it was numbered.

The 10 and the 5
Cheers
Peter
Thanks Peter and all that replied. Guess that is as good as an explanation as any. The VIN show that it is an 2005 and I had heard some say their badge was numbered so was always a wonder to me. As far as I know and can tell the bike is completely stock other than the small cosmetic things I have done. Only had 6K miles on it when I bought it. Whether it is numbered or not I enjoy the bike, have liked the Vmax since I owned my first 1985 model. Thanks again everyone!

Thanks Peter and all that replied. Guess that is as good as an explanation as any. The VIN show that it is an 2005 and I had heard some say their badge was numbered so was always a wonder to me. As far as I know and can tell the bike is completely stock other than the small cosmetic things I have done. Only had 6K miles on it when I bought it. Whether it is numbered or not I enjoy the bike, have liked the Vmax since I owned my first 1985 model. Thanks again everyone!
The badge is metal, but the number portion is a decal. I had spoken with an 05 owner almost 2 years ago, and he said that his "number" came off at a car wash one time. Luckily he found it, and put it back on. Also the few replacement 05 tanks covers that were sold, had a badge, but no decal on them.

not so sure about the sticker mine was fully stamped into the plate definitely was not a sticker again when people came to look at it that was the first thing they checked and looked at
Cheers
Peter

My 05 has a sticker on the plate as well. Well "sticker" is actually an imprecise word. It is metal.....but its is "stuck" onto the plate. Here is a pic of mine. You can see under the edges where it is a seperate piece from the metal badge on the faux tank.

Attachments

• received_2219220978349918.jpeg
    received_2219220978349918.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 80
Buy more motorcycles.jpg VMax tank badge numberplate.jpg This clearly-shows that it's a separate piece of metal, affixed to the badge. Also, I think I've discovered a clue to the dilemma of our 2005 owner, and what he's undergoing at-home.

Back