• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2005 vmax -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2005 vmax

You're very close to M & M Cycle, the Kalamazoo Yamaha dealer. Was your bike bought from them? I bought my first new motorcycle, a Yamaha 360 Enduro, from them forty-five years ago this month. I still have it.

If you really want to sell, I think you'll have to come down more. Yes your bike is in great shape, with not many miles, but the market is soft, even though it's spring, typically a good time to sell. I bet you haven't had anyone come look at it for $6K+. Get the price down closer to $5K and I think you will generate some traffic.

Here's one from just south of you for about the same $ you want, and it's got a PCW engine, w/their aftermarket carbs, and a Kerker full 4/1 exhaust.

This was originally the Burgundy color 1986 Vmax. Frame has been powder-coated with 3 layers of Semi-chrome and 2-layers of Translucent Hawain Blue. All new frame bearings..etc. Engine was completely rebuilt and bored over to the largest OEM piston offered by Yamaha. Engine boring performed by PCW Racing in New York. $2000.00 race carb setup sold and configured by PCW. Kerker 4-1 exhaust.

I went crazy and replaced probably 95% of the bike. Faux gas tank cover, valve covers..etc = was Chrome plated locally in Fort Wayne. Side covers and intake scoops are powder coated flat/semi flat black. Minor issues (never completed the LED tail light upgrade / inner fender deletion - so OEM tail light is just fastened to the fender).

Too many goodies and upgrades to list here.. FAST.!.. Forget about V-boost = this is way better...!!

Low miles - since being rebuilt I have put only maybe 8 tanks of gas in it.
Iv'e had 2 V-max's. They are AWESOME, but time for this one to go.

I'm entertaining all CASH or partial gun trades.. Also looking for a Hummer H3/H2 project..

Accepting Best Offer(s)... $6,500.00 minimum.

(there is NO insurance on it. I drive so you can see/hear it run... When I have cash in hand and sale ticket completed = then you can test drive it if you have a license.. If it doesn't put a smile on your face and you don't like it and you DONT wreck it - I will refund your money on the spot!..)
Due to the race setup..etc = this item is sold AS-IS, No Warranty and I'm am NOT responsible for tickets or accidents.!! LOL ..!!

https://southbend.craigslist.org/mcy/6094311119.html

00s0s_f6dfVBQe2dR_600x450.jpg

There is also a carbon fiber '02 for $3800 asking, same area, <8K miles. It looks like the newest bike, & most 'bang for the buck,' w/the fewest miles. https://southbend.craigslist.org/mcy/6101580760.html

00E0E_64BFlLEeIEB_600x450.jpg

These are what your competing against for a prospective purchaser's $$$.

Sold the bike yesterday for my asking price.

Thanks for the advice though ;)

Back