• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 2005 Yamaha V Max Anniversary Edition For Sale $6500 OBO

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driver4

Reaction score
Like New 2005 Yamaha V Max Gen I in Excellent Condition with only 9826 miles. New tires, oil & filter changed, also changed rear end fluid, anti-freeze & has K&N air filter, replaced front fork seals & front brake pads.

Bike needs nothing and runs like a V Max!

Buy it now for $6500 or best offer. Do not need help selling and will not ship.

Email me at [email protected] or call my cell 810 908 3387.

Thanks for looking,

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_2009.jpg
    IMG_2009.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2007 (1).jpg
    IMG_2007 (1).jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1979.jpg
    IMG_1979.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 98
Spring's coming, so there may be interest in a clean, low-mileage VMax from the end of the production run. That said, I think unless you're willing to come 'way-down on the selling price, $6,500 is not likely gonna happen for you. I'm gonna leave it at that and let's see what the market-driven price is when it sells. GLWS.

I agree, Chesterfield Township MI seems likely. By the north end of Lake St. Clair, so SE MI.

Like New 2005 Yamaha V Max Gen I in Excellent Condition with only 9826 miles. New tires, oil & filter changed, also changed rear end fluid, anti-freeze & has K&N air filter, replaced front fork seals & front brake pads.

Bike needs nothing and runs like a V Max!

Buy it now for $6500 or best offer. Do not need help selling and will not ship.

Email me at [email protected] or call my cell 810 908 3387.

Thanks for looking,

Gary
Just an FYI. Last spring I paid $5500 for a 20th anniversary Max. The big difference is the Max I purchased was driven 20,000 miles. That being said, stick to your guns on your price, your bike is worth it.

I sold a beautiful 05 last year here in Phoenix. Got $4500 for it - but it had covered 33k miles. Still pristine and ran like a VMAX.

I probably could've gotten more, but didn't want to draw out the process.

Prices are different in different states. CA prices are much higher than FL, AFAIK

Here is a picture of the '05 anniversary edition when I purchased it last spring for $5500 with 20,000+ miles on the OD. Not factory, many mods had been performed already.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a couple questions for you. By chance did you find this bike in the pa area? I’m from johnstown/Altoona and I’m almost 90% positive that’s my old girl. First one was the day I brought it home, last one was the last day I owned it before I sold it to my “friend”. Deal was he ever sells it I get first crack, he traded it in on a quad.

Attachments

• F13DC95B-DA77-46AF-9C38-818E85C6ABA4.jpeg
    F13DC95B-DA77-46AF-9C38-818E85C6ABA4.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 69473D14-2816-4294-BDE1-A6D80E24F667.jpeg
    69473D14-2816-4294-BDE1-A6D80E24F667.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 36
What was the false tank badge number? It would eliminate any guesstimate.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a couple questions for you. By chance did you find this bike in the pa area? I’m from johnstown/Altoona and I’m almost 90% positive that’s my old girl. First one was the day I brought it home, last one was the last day I owned it before I sold it to my “friend”. Deal was he ever sells it I get first crack, he traded it in on a quad.
Yes this was your bike! I did a few more mods to the old girl. You took great care of her, I love her too!

Yes this was your bike! I did a few more mods to the old girl. You took great care of her, I love her too!

haha that’s awesome! I’m glad to see she’s in good hands. I miss that bike. I kick myself every day for selling her..

I actually bought that bike on 4/20/2012 from unlimited cycle in Tyrone pa. It had 12k or so on the clock. Paid $5200 for it. I was 20 at the time. It was shoved in the corner of the showroom under the helmet wall display with a good deal of dust on it and it caught my eye when I walked past and that was it. When I brought it home i could tell the previous owner was a meathead.. the wheels were spray bombed flat black, upon removal of that I noticed they tried to sand the red stripe off, I had that reinstalled. Most of the aluminum stuff was starting to let the clear peel off that’s why I sanded and painted most stuff black, the grab bar and what not. I installed the t boost (red switch) and the black fan switch if they’re still there. The hid headlight I had in that thing was serious. I could ride with my tinted shield down at night. I actually still have the factory cans in my garage here, I chopped them down to 6 inches long on both sides so they are 4-2 with open collectors. I bought that cobra exhaust off eBay a lot cheaper because the one pipe was dinged that’s why I painted the tips black. The carbs definitely had something done to them when I bought it I never could find out what because I could tell some items that the old girl used to have were removed before trade in from the previous owner. It used to have bar end mirrors on it and led glow multi color lights with the control box in the cubby hole under the passenger seat.

i Sold it to my buddy with around 18k on it 3 or so years later to buy my meanstreak because me and my wife road 2 up a lot and the vmax wasn’t too comfy on longer rides. Helped him install the dynatek ignition and what not. After that he quit talking to me over him breaking up with my wife’s sister, traded It in at windber triumph l/can am without telling me and Last I heard it was bought by a guy in windber.

im super glad it made it to someone that obviously loves the old girl as much as I did! That bike deserves it she was my baby I’ve missed her since I sold her. Thanks for responding. I’m super pumped to know she’s treated well and it absolutely messed with my head that the first post I clicked on in a long time happened to be a picture of the old girl. Figured I’d throw ya some history on her too.If only we could see through that headlight everything they’ve done. Here’s a pic of the army currently till I can build the bank account and snipe a gen 1 or 2.. the orange one is the 05 meanstreak I sold her to get.

Attachments

• 0F55DC93-C0B1-4FFE-81A5-DB99B4EB9171.jpeg
    0F55DC93-C0B1-4FFE-81A5-DB99B4EB9171.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 23
Hey Man,
first, I want to thank you for all the detailed history of this old steel horse I ride. I just was checking my records and can bring you up to speed so to speak.
In my lifetime I have ridden many makes and models of two wheelers, from dirt to street bikes, but the VMax is "my ride".
I fell in love with my first Vmax in 1987, she was the original 1985 model. The relationship lasted 4 years before during divorce proceedings forced me to sell her. Unfortunately, once I rode a VMax, there was no other ride for me.
Then almost 30 years later, and another divorce, I came across a 2005 anniversary addition!
The previous owner bought the bike in 2016 with 26,000 miles on the speedo. He was an elderly man, around my age, and rode the bike 10,000 more miles over 4 years. I purchased the bike from Black Market Bikez located in Felton, Pa. The owner of this small used bike dealership is Dave Black.
The main reason I bought this particular 2005 VMax was because Dave supported the sale of this now 15-year-old bike ridden 36,000 miles with 4 years of service records. The service included replacement of ignition coils, plugs, clutch, starter, front forks. Additionally, carb and valve service. The bike had virtually been revitalized! Soooooooo, we negotiated a price for $4750.
I love this VMax and have only made improvements with the sole purpose of enhancing what was already there. 20220415_143431.jpg20220415_143536.jpg
I will be attending Thunder in the Valley this year in Johnstown, Pa., maybe I will see you there.

Hey Man,
first, I want to thank you for all the detailed history of this old steel horse I ride. I just was checking my records and can bring you up to speed so to speak.
In my lifetime I have ridden many makes and models of two wheelers, from dirt to street bikes, but the VMax is "my ride".
I fell in love with my first Vmax in 1987, she was the original 1985 model. The relationship lasted 4 years before during divorce proceedings forced me to sell her. Unfortunately, once I rode a VMax, there was no other ride for me.
Then almost 30 years later, and another divorce, I came across a 2005 anniversary addition!
The previous owner bought the bike in 2016 with 26,000 miles on the speedo. He was an elderly man, around my age, and rode the bike 10,000 more miles over 4 years. I purchased the bike from Black Market Bikez located in Felton, Pa. The owner of this small used bike dealership is Dave Black.
The main reason I bought this particular 2005 VMax was because Dave supported the sale of this now 15-year-old bike ridden 36,000 miles with 4 years of service records. The service included replacement of ignition coils, plugs, clutch, starter, front forks. Additionally, carb and valve service. The bike had virtually been revitalized! Soooooooo, we negotiated a price for $4750.
I love this VMax and have only made improvements with the sole purpose of enhancing what was already there. View attachment 83966View attachment 83967
I will be attending Thunder in the Valley this year in Johnstown, Pa., maybe I will see you there.

that’s great to hear. Thanks for that. I wish you the best of luck, I’m super stoked that the girl has an awesome owner and hope it lasts for a long long time! I will most likely be at thunder myself a couple nights, hopefully we bump into each other would be great to meet ya and see the old girl again!

I will hit you up when it gets closer to Thunders time. I will be trailering the bike with a riding friend of mine. He rides a Suzuki, I am not sure of the model.
IMG_3773(1).jpgBe well my friend

Latest posts

Back