• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2006 Vmax Custom

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I'm debating on selling my '06 Vmax
It is located near Pittsburgh, PA
Bike has under 9,000 miles
I've done a bit to the bike to make it handle better while trying to retain a semblance of the stock appearance.
I just never have time to ride it and I don't want to see it collecting dust in the garage another year.

Motor:
DD Clutch
HD Oiling kit from Sean Morley

Front End:
Billet Bike Bits Thug Yokes. Anodized Black
GEN2 Hayabusa USD forks. Chromed by Morley Muscle
Re-sprung (1.0 rate springs) and Re-valved by Lindeman Engineering
17x3.5" GEN2 Busa wheel powdercoated center, polished lips, new OEM bearings and seals @ 6K Miles
GEN2 Busa calipers with EBC pads
GSXR Fender
Accosatto Master cylinder 19x18.
Galfer brake lines

Rear End:
17 x 5.5" Custom Wheel from COO. Powdercoated center, polished lips, new OEM bearings and seals @ 6K Miles
+3" Extended swingarm by Morley Muscle. Offset built into the arm to help center the wheel.
Progressive 440 shocks. 12.5" Heavy duty springs installed right now. I also have the standard rate springs and a tool to change them.
Expanded fuel tank. Holds just a bit over 5 gallons now
Chromed rotor adapter from COO
R1 underslung caliper bracket from Custom Vmax Services. Chromed by Morley
Vmax Rotor
R1 Caliper
Galfer Line

Misc:
Drivers seat section was redone by Morley's Muscle. Mid-cut seat
Custom LED tail light
Rear reflector converted to custom LED by Gary Spradley
LED signals
STACK gauge setup. This unit was more money than I care to admit but, it was the best option for me at the time. Does MPH, RPM, 1/4 mile, volts, temp, oil pressure, etc.......
ZX-14 clutch master makes the DD easy to manipulate
Galfer clutch line
Micro Machines v-boost controller
Carbs redone last year. All new, OEM O-rings and gaskets.
Morley Muscle jet kit with STG7 needles.
Sissybar installed. OEM grab rail available
Venture differential (also have a chrome OEM differential for the bike)
UFO 4-1, Megaphone muffler
COO Frame Sliders
Blacked Out Radiator

Just FYI, with the custom lights and gauges, I only cut 2 wires on the entire bike. Both are for the turn signals, behind the dash pod. This was in order to install a diode modification which allows LEDs to work without adding resistors. I'm not a fan of hacking into OEM wires. Everything else added was plug and play.

Price is $8,000.00
If you are interested, shoot me an email: mabdcmbATgmailDOTcom

Front.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

Sorry to hear Mike but if your not riding her I can see your reasoning.
I can vouch for Mike's bike being a top of the line Vmax. We have modded our bike in similar ways but he has his front end and gauges done. It a beautiful bike and all the work is first class. I've saw it last year at Thunder (2nd time I've seen it and Mike) and hope he gets to come down to show her off at Thunder before she sells.

Sorry to hear you are thinking of selling it Mike, and as Brian said seeing it in person I can attest to how nice it is! GLWS

Building it was a lot of fun for me. I spent more time wrenching than riding and I'm not complaining. It was a joy for me to spend time in the garage and decompress as I tackled each project.

I took her out for a spin the other day and it was a blast.

I'm torn really. I don't WANT to get rid of it but I can't justify owning it. I've had her 7 years and put on less than 7000 miles.

Thanks for the kind words guys. This is a great forum, the friendliest, and most helpful place I've found on the net!

Wow, what a project, about any quality mod to a stock engine and chassis you could consider. Someone is gonna save a lot of time. I agree w/you about the forum, very little of the pissing matches you see elsewhere.

Given the list of mods, I think it's a reasonable price.

Are you leaving biking, or just going to get something more-modern?

Do you have the OE parts?

Most of the OEM parts have been sold off during the build to help fund it.

Wow, what a project, about any quality mod to a stock engine and chassis you could consider. Someone is gonna save a lot of time. I agree w/you about the forum, very little of the pissing matches you see elsewhere.

Given the list of mods, I think it's a reasonable price.

Are you leaving biking, or just going to get something more-modern?

I have no plans to buy a replacement at the moment. I really just don't have the time to ride the bike. Most of my time with the bike was late evenings in the garage. Sort of a therapy to help myself unwind from the stress of work. I've gotten the bike to a point that I really don't think there is anything left to do to it besides bolt up bling and I'm not that type of guy. With no new projects on the horizon and no time to ride, the bike has just been sitting.

Very nice looking bike. It has most of the things I am slowing doing to my 90.. And I am jealous of you haveing the room and time to do the work to your max...

Thanks. I'm the second owner. Bought the bike in '08 with 2,000 miles and it was all original. It was a blank canvas to work with and I took my time to do things right. The bike handles like a totally different animal than it did when I first bought it.

If it doesn't sell I will try to make it to Thunder again this year. Always a great time!

I own this bike now. Best Max Ive ever riden. Making it a real canyon carver. It sits a bit low for my liking. It grinds everything but Im working on that right. Thank you for putting this thing together with all the great parts it has and then sending it out into the world for me to get a hold of.
Cheers

I own this bike now. Best Max Ive ever riden. Making it a real canyon carver. It sits a bit low for my liking. It grinds everything but Im working on that right. Thank you for putting this thing together with all the great parts it has and then sending it out into the world for me to get a hold of.
Cheers
Good for you Freerider!!! That’s awesome!!

Back