• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2006 Vmax for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclejohn

Reaction score
Up for consideration I have my 2006 Vmax.

$5000...firm

16.7K miles

Engine guards with cruise pegs.
Stainless steel radiator cover.
Supertrapp slip-ons with 4 disc per side and each end plate has a 1 1/8" hole in it.
Fairly new Metzler front and Avon Cobra rear tire.
National Cycle flyscreen.
Frame braces.

I have the centerstand, the stock exhaust, passenger backrest with OEM luggage rack, and OEM air box cover (I use a magnetic tankbag and didn't want to scratch the flame cover so I wrapped it and boxed it and set it on the shelf) (I bought a used air box cover from a member here). Also have another handlebar for it.

I may have forgotten to list something. If I did, I'll add it later.

I bought the bike at end of summer in '15 with 10K miles on it to replace my '03 that burned up in the fire. Previous owner had let it sit in his climate controlled basement for 3 or 4 years because the carbs needed some love and he didn't want to pay the dealership the estimated $700 they were going to charge to correct that, so he went and bought a new Honda VFR1200 instead. During the years it sat in the basement the fork seals starting weeping.

I went through the bike front to rear and corrected all of the un-loving it had received.

I have the bike jetted 1 size up on the slows (40s) and down 2 sizes on the mains (147.5). Bike cranks and runs flawless. I average between 44 - 48 MPG. It has a Hi-Flo air filter.

Bike has no shifting issues and finds neutral easily. Unlike the '03 I owned this bike hasn't been above 100 MPH while under my ownership. I do run it up just to feel the V-Boost from time to time (the sound and V-boost is the whole point of the Max to me).

If the price is too high then you could un-do what I have done and sell the parts on the forum here to reduce your 'buy-in' price.

Reason for sale:
My youngest just finished her freshman year at college and I can only see this costing even more for the next 3 years. Just trying to stay ahead the curve and what's to come, that's all.

Any questions just ask. I am in Reidsville, NC.

Thanks,
John

DSCF0263.jpg

DSCF0260.jpg

I'm sure you don't but doesnt hurt to ask if you want to part with the engine guards/cruise pegs i would buy them, Thanks

Looks like a cream puff. If this wasn't half the country away, I'd be tempted on it....

Love my '06 One of the few years that Yamaha "almost" got it right for colours, chrome, polish etc.

06/07 were the best looking years to me. I had '06 tins on my '97, after the OE silver ones were damaged in an accident. Sexy.

I'll probably own another Max down the road, though at the moment I don't have much use for one. The Scout fills the need for speed (and unlike my Max, cornering and long trip comfort too), the Beta takes care of off road, and I have a (cough)burgman 400 as the practical errand-runner. My little garage is chuck full, and I'd feel bad about having to leave a Vmax outside, the burg, could care less about. Bought it for cheap already kind of beat up, so I don't feel bad about bumping it into things or if someone knocks it over downtown.

Hey elpz69,

I don't really want to start taking parts off and selling them individually.

Thanks,
John

Looks like a cream puff.

Hey RaWarrior,

My Vmax is a cream puff. If it has 80hp that's probably 30 more than I will ever make use of. Don't care so much for playing Johnny Speed Shifter or going real fast in a straight line. I tend to focus more on getting smoother running curves since the majority of my riding is in the foothills and mountains of NC and VA.

Fly in, ride home. Your call.

Thanks,
John

Back