2007 colors ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave741

Reaction score
hi all, buying a 07 soon. called the local dealer and thay had one, so i went to look at it and was kinda shocked. the bike looked grate but it was RED with red flames, not black with red flames. has anyone seen this. iv looked every place on the net and yamahas web site. i cant find anything that shows two color opps. i had a 89 and have ben a devoted fan ever since, so i know maxs are serten colors for serten years and some had two you could pick from but like i sed , cant find this as a op fo 07. :ummm:

The only red with red flames was the 2005 20th Anniversary model. If it is a 2005, it will have a plaque on the fake tank top stating so. I heard that a few early bikes were sold without the plaque but they were sent to the owners when available. Could it have had a custom paint job? One local dealer always had a custom paint job on a Max that he used as his demo.

Im Friends With A Yamaha Salesman, He Said The Only Differance Between A "06" &"07" V-max Is The Vin #number, They Both Are Black With Red Flames !!! No Difference !!! You Need To Look Yourself At The Front Of The Frame On The Vin# Plate At The ProduCtion Date !!!!

Last edited:
I Just Wen't On That Wesite, Thats Great, I Never New About It !! And It Proves That 2006 & 2007 V-max's Are Black With Red Flames !!!! Thanks For That Website Redbone !!!!

Changing out the skins is very easy. 2006-07 had black grab rails and other aluminum pieces though.

The only red with red flames was the 2005 20th Anniversary model. If it is a 2005, it will have a plaque on the fake tank top stating so. I heard that a few early bikes were sold without the plaque but they were sent to the owners when available. Could it have had a custom paint job? One local dealer always had a custom paint job on a Max that he used as his demo.
maybe i should have told every one. thay clame its a 07 and the od only shows half a mi. you can just tell by looking at it that its brannew no sun faid on gages, brake pads arnt even broke in no marks on rotors. you know what i meen. if i by it and find out thay replaced the od and everything els ill own me a dealer rite lol

ok guys who knows how to decode a vin. i just called the dealer and the vin is - jyavt 20 e 17 a 001683 - im still going to buy it but if thay are selling me a unbaged 05 as a 07 and i can prove it after i buy it ill own that dealer lol AND GIVE ALL OF YOU A 09 FOR FREE LOL. if it really is a 07 how cool would it be to have the only red one ever made lol. :surprise:

i think your missing the poin lol.

LOL I think you're missing the T...:whistlin:

:rofl_200:

My point was... Does it have aluminum colored parts or black like the '06 and '07? If it's black then I imagine they just changed over the paint work...

The Production Date Is On The Vin Tag, On The Very Front Of The Frame Between The Triple Trees !!!! In Big Plain English Number's !!!!!!! Please Look At It Before You Buy It !!! Also Let Us Know What It Say's For Sure !!!!!

ok guys who knows how to decode a vin. i just called the dealer and the vin is - jyavt 20 e 17 a 001683 - im still going to buy it but if thay are selling me a unbaged 05 as a 07 and i can prove it after i buy it ill own that dealer lol AND GIVE ALL OF YOU A 09 FOR FREE LOL. if it really is a 07 how cool would it be to have the only red one ever made lol. :surprise:
Here is a link to a Vin decode, your Vin is not to different from my '07 vin.
http://www.vmaxchat.co.uk/Numbers.htm

How do I get my name on the "FREE "09" list? So I guess having the only known red 07 would increase the value of that bike. I was wondering, do you suppose anyone has purchased a brand new Max and mothballed it for collection purposes? Wish I had the cash to do just that!! TWIST AND SHOUT YA'LL PATMAX

How do I get my name on the "FREE "09" list? So I guess having the only known red 07 would increase the value of that bike. I was wondering, do you suppose anyone has purchased a brand new Max and mothballed it for collection purposes? Wish I had the cash to do just that!! TWIST AND SHOUT YA'LL PATMAX

PatMax,
I know of a guy that bought an 05 anniversary model and is just storing it. He thinks it will be worth a lot of money down the road if he never rides it. When he bought it, he thought for sure that it was the last year for the vmax...

I don't think it was a good investment.
Hope he's not planning on using that money for his retirement :whistlin:

My guess would be that someone put 05 tins on an 07.Anyone can buy them and put them on any vmax.Pricey though over the regular colors.I bought 98 black metallic tins for my 88.Both fenders and the tank cover for $300.You can't paint them for that price.

Just got a call from a friend of mine at the dealer. I asked if he could trace your vin, I guess you may been told wrong. he couldn't find the VIN you listed, but did find vin number: jyav(P) 20 e 17 a 001683 witch is a 2007 model that has never been registered.

Latest posts

Back