• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 2007 for sale in Missouri-low miles under 7,000-cash only $6,700

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob gitchell

Reaction score
I am offering a "cherry" 2007 Yamaha V Max for sale.
Original; not messed with except the additional of parts which have improved the bike mechanically, or safety wise.
There is a long list of mechanical/safety improvements which would cost in excess of $1,700.00 if purchased individually.
It has exactly 06,873.22 miles on the speedo. That's 6,873.2 miles!!!!!!
Never dropped, never run off the road, never wrecked!!!!!

I will NOT trade the bike.
I will NOT haul the bike to your location.
I will not accept Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, checks, money orders, etc.
If you want the bike, you will pay cash, just as I did when i purchased the bike.

I can talk about the bike at length. I can show you lots of photo if you are sincerely interested, and have cash/will travel.

Asking price is $6,700.00 cash. Add on parts will stay with the bike.
Please don't waste my time if you can't meet my expectations.
I don't "need" the money, and it won't break my heart to keep the bike.
Bike in question is pictured by itself, and with 2005 (red color that I recently sold).

Reason for selling; I will be 80 years old this December. After over 50 years of biking; I am "hanging up my helmet". That is me in 1964 on my Triumph which I chopped, and rode from Georgia to Montana to central Missouri.

I currently live in Camdenton, Missouri, near the Lake of the Ozarks.
Be glad to have you drop by, and see the bike in person.

Bob

07 V Max.jpg05 & 07 VMax.jpg

Last edited:
Have you had this for sale for awhile?

Our odometers don't 'do' hundredths of a mile, just tenths. So a claim of "6,783.22 miles" is just a bit of hyperbole. I suppose that nearly-being in your 80's, you get to say and do what you want since you made it this-far. BTW, we're presently in the same decade, I may have you by a bit, 'time in the saddle.'

Apart from the 'mechanical-safety improvements' of case-savers and the frame braces, what appears to be a fork brace, and the fly-catcher mini-screen, I don't see anything else of added value. The clear lens turn signal pieces don't show-up as-well at night as a OEM amber lens, so no 'safety improvement' there.

A dollar a mile, your asking price, would be a bit high for me, but your bike you get to ask whatever you wish. It does appear well cared-for. I found a '98 for sale with a lot-more miles on it, up the Mississippi from you, in IL so maybe your price isn't so-bad for your neck of the woods. His has a few more accessories. 1998 Yamaha VMax 1200 Motorcycle- Monster Bike! Ready to Ride! -... (craigslist.org)

Does a possible buyer get a test ride? How-about I show up on my bike, and you follow me, and try to keep-up? Not my fault if you dump it.

How about a few pics of your Meriden Triumph chopper? 500 or 650? Single-carb or twin-carb? Did you keep the frame or did it get a weld-on rigid rear end and a 15" rim? What kind of rake and front end? A springer or longer hydraulic downtubes? Old chops are historic.

Last edited:
I came on here again to sell what I know to be a cherry, 2007 VMax.
It has 06873.2 miles as of today.

It has amber lens on the turn signal; NOT clear lens.
It has custom tear drop mirrors and a Flyscreen wind screen, much like Yamaha's original.
Want an original Yamaha windscreen;l I'd be happy to sell you one.
I also have an original Yamaha sissy bar you can buy if you want too.
I have the original fork brace; a piece of plastic crap; that's why I have the chrome fork brace.
I added custom hand grips; chrome look, rough texture, and more comfortable than OEM hand grips.
Progressive springs.
Sunpro tach mounted on handle bar.
Gloss black frame braces.
Galfer brake pads.
Original tool kit, and original 2007 VMax manual.
Both keys.
Chrome crash bar/foot peg.
Chrome brake/clutch resoirvoir covers.
Original paint in near new like condition.

NO! I am not going to race you, or try to keep up with anyone to proves some stupid point.....................
This bike has never done a burnout; it has never done a wheel stand, and never taken to drag races
It has been extremely well maintained and cared for in the years I have owned it.
Very close to the "cherry" condition 2005 Max I sold about 6 months ago.

Don't want my 2007; too high a price to pay, too far away, you don't like black bikes? Whatever!
Go find a 2007 with lower miles.......in better condition, and cheaper.
And while you're at it; price out the add ons.

BOB

Attachments

• 2007 Vmax #3.jpg
    2007 Vmax #3.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 00d0d_eF2k63WQOdu_1200x900.jpg
    00d0d_eF2k63WQOdu_1200x900.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 2007 Vmax #2.jpg
    2007 Vmax #2.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 55
  • 2005 & 2007 V Max.jpg
    2005 & 2007 V Max.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 2007 Vmax #3.jpg
    2007 Vmax #3.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 2007 Vmax #4.jpg
    2007 Vmax #4.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 50
Yes, it shows well, well cared-for. I see a pair of Progressive Suspension rear shocks, if you can get the model # off them, that is definitely an upgrade a knowledgeable potential buyer would be interested in knowing-about. It looks like a SS clutch hose too.

GLWS.

Last edited:
I have decided to lower my asking price.
I see no need for bike to sit in garage.

Price will NOT go any lower, and I am going to make more of an effort to sell the bike locally. Have not done so yet. Wanted to giv VMax riders on this website first shot.
at it.

New price is $6,000.00 ; that's a $700.00 drop.
If it doesn't sell at new price; I'll just hang on to it awhile longer.

BOB

I have decided to lower my asking price.
I see no need for bike to sit in garage.

Price will NOT go any lower, and I am going to make more of an effort to sell the bike locally. Have not done so yet. Wanted to giv VMax riders on this website first shot.
at it.

New price is $6,000.00 ; that's a $700.00 drop.
If it doesn't sell at new price; I'll just hang on to it awhile longer.

BOB
I saw the Video from the guy who bought the 05, very cool.

Bob is not playing games when it comes to these bikes. I bought his red 05 8 months ago and have done 1,000 miles on it so far, it is better than advertised. Other riders constantly compliment the condition of my bike and it isnt uncommon to have folks attempt to buy it. If you are in the market, buy with confidence. If you aren't in the market, reconsider. Good luck with your sell Bob!

Attachments

• 20211219_170940.jpg
    20211219_170940.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 24
I came on here again to sell what I know to be a cherry, 2007 VMax.
It has 06873.2 miles as of today.

It has amber lens on the turn signal; NOT clear lens.
It has custom tear drop mirrors and a Flyscreen wind screen, much like Yamaha's original.
Want an original Yamaha windscreen;l I'd be happy to sell you one.
I also have an original Yamaha sissy bar you can buy if you want too.
I have the original fork brace; a piece of plastic crap; that's why I have the chrome fork brace.
I added custom hand grips; chrome look, rough texture, and more comfortable than OEM hand grips.
Progressive springs.
Sunpro tach mounted on handle bar.
Gloss black frame braces.
Galfer brake pads.
Original tool kit, and original 2007 VMax manual.
Both keys.
Chrome crash bar/foot peg.
Chrome brake/clutch resoirvoir covers.
Original paint in near new like condition.

NO! I am not going to race you, or try to keep up with anyone to proves some stupid point.....................
This bike has never done a burnout; it has never done a wheel stand, and never taken to drag races
It has been extremely well maintained and cared for in the years I have owned it.
Very close to the "cherry" condition 2005 Max I sold about 6 months ago.

Don't want my 2007; too high a price to pay, too far away, you don't like black bikes? Whatever!
Go find a 2007 with lower miles.......in better condition, and cheaper.
And while you're at it; price out the add ons.

BOB
Nice ride!

I think $6K is a good asking price for what is obviously a well taken care of Max. If I had the extra cash on me, I would seriously be in for a road trip! :cool:

So instead, here's a bump for your thread. ;)

Have you still got this one? I live an hour and half or so north. Between Moberly, Madison and Centralia...about 30 min north of Columbia. I am in process of trying to get the Morley Muscle Kit tuned in on my 95. If I can get it lined out in the next week or so I may be up for a road trip to come down and take a look at it.
Les

Yes, the 07 VMax is still for sale at $6,000.
I emailed you with email and phone number.
Contact me when you can, and we can make meet up plan,
I'll try to accomodate you about meeting.

Bob

I have not gotten the email: [email protected] (letters a-c, Numeral zero, letters h-d ... Ham radio callsign)

My road tripping may be delayed more than I had hoped. I am having a bit of an issue getting the Morley Muscle jetting off on the right foot. Sean is helping via e-mail but appears to be too rich starting with the 160 (mikuni) and then too lean (esp midrange) when I dropped back to the broadly recommended 150. I am at work so any e-mails I get from him will be put into action tomorrow but he's suggesting bumping the mains to 155 or so. This is kinda why I have held onto the kit for a year because when I did my 85 some 35 years ago, it took me the better part of the summer to get it right. This one had been dyno tuned a few years back to the stock setup with slip-ons to around 120whp and ran amazingly from idle to WOT but nooooo, couldn't leave well enough alone, had to go in search for that extra 5 to 7 additional HP with the airbox and jet kit.....No matter where you go, there you are!

Bob
Unless your unable to ride for some reason
Don’t sell your bike your going to regret it
Ride it until you can’t
Your bike is worth more than it sold for new
Whether someone is willing to pay that much means nothing
Keep you new bike with the awesome mods:)

I have not gotten the email: [email protected] (letters a-c, Numeral zero, letters h-d ... Ham radio callsign)

My road tripping may be delayed more than I had hoped. I am having a bit of an issue getting the Morley Muscle jetting off on the right foot. Sean is helping via e-mail but appears to be too rich starting with the 160 (mikuni) and then too lean (esp midrange) when I dropped back to the broadly recommended 150. I am at work so any e-mails I get from him will be put into action tomorrow but he's suggesting bumping the mains to 155 or so. This is kinda why I have held onto the kit for a year because when I did my 85 some 35 years ago, it took me the better part of the summer to get it right. This one had been dyno tuned a few years back to the stock setup with slip-ons to around 120whp and ran amazingly from idle to WOT but nooooo, couldn't leave well enough alone, had to go in search for that extra 5 to 7 additional HP with the airbox and jet kit.....No matter where you go, there you are!
Was that from road warriors or mad max

Was that from road warriors or mad max
neither. that was from me (Hinterwaldler). I live less than 2 hours from Bob, however besides the jetting issues delaying a road trip to check out his bike, I have just been hit with some pretty serious domestic issues, my head is swimming right now and I have to find an atty for a hearing in 7 days so looks like I am out of the road trip business for a bit.

Bob is not playing games when it comes to these bikes. I bought his red 05 8 months ago and have done 1,000 miles on it so far, it is better than advertised. Other riders constantly compliment the condition of my bike and it isnt uncommon to have folks attempt to buy it. If you are in the market, buy with confidence. If you aren't in the market, reconsider. Good luck with your sell Bob!
What # and how much u paid purchase miles?

neither. that was from me (Hinterwaldler). I live less than 2 hours from Bob, however besides the jetting issues delaying a road trip to check out his bike, I have just been hit with some pretty serious domestic issues, my head is swimming right now and I have to find an atty for a hearing in 7 days so looks like I am out of the road trip business for a bit.
Sorry your having problems and get Bobs bike that really sucks!!!
Anyway
The whirlybird guy used that phrase on road warriors or mad max as well
I didn’t know where it originated
Best of luck to you :)

Back