2007 to 2017 = 10 years

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
The last year of the Gen 1 was 2007, and now if you calculate the ten years that a vehicle manufacturer is required to keep parts in-stock, to allow vehicles needing repairs to remain on the roads, we've hit the ten year mark.

Some parts are already listed as 'obsolete,' meaning, "you're not gonna get it from us, unless some dealer has one sitting on his shelf, as we're not making them anymore!"

I think the Gen 1 may start to slowly fade-away, despite what we of the brethren would like to consider, is an iconic bike, destined to have a unique niche in two-wheeled performance. I'm not going to 'throw-in the towel,' not yet. Still, as the factory source for parts evaporates, and used parts or aftermarket pieces are the only resort, fewer of them may be on the road. Daily drivers may become less seen, as the ability to keep them running becomes harder due to the parts situation.

So, pick-up your parts bikes now!:confused2:

When I said, 'fade-away,' I didn't mean, entirely, but limited availability of locating spares coupled with rising prices will certainly impact our ability to keep them operable and on the road. That's sad, but I think time will prove me true.

hotrod&max.jpg
cover_small.jpg
cover_small.jpg
COVER_small.jpg

Maybe my son and I should start hoarding the important stuff now, gas tanks,carb parts, electrical parts.ect

Back