2009 Ride Schedule

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
All,

Attached is the 2009 Ontario VMOA ride schedule. Thanks to Trevor for putting this together.

Attachments

• Vmax event calendar.pdf
    13.2 KB · Views: 58
Excellant Jim, now I can start putting in for my vacations! :thumbs up: Thanks for putting the schedule together Trevor!:punk:
I have a couple of questions though so I can get my vacation days set ASAP.
1) Spring Icebreaker is going to be in same place as last year?
2) What events happen on Friday at the Sport bike Rally ? That Friday may have to be a travel day and then on Sunday we may have to cut it short to ride the 6 or so hours home.

If the Sportbike event follows last year's lead, count on very few "events". It is a scenic place to meet other riders and the evening piss-ups are always fun.

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

Excellant Jim, now I can start putting in for my vacations! :thumbs up: Thanks for putting the schedule together Trevor!:punk:
2) What events happen on Friday at the Sport bike Rally ? That Friday may have to be a travel day and then on Sunday we may have to cut it short to ride the 6 or so hours home.

Brian,The Icebreaker is in Kincardine as always. Friday is a good travel day to get down there. Hope you can make it.

Icebreaker was held at the Sutton Park Inn last year. If it's the same this year you can book ahead.

Cheers!

Blaine Williams,
Ontario, Canada

1126 Sutton Street
Kincardine, Ontario N2Z 2E2
For direct reservations call:

Tel: 519-396-3444 Fax: 519-396-3517

1-800-265-3045

Last edited:
need some explanations as to what these events are and where they are located ...... u know ..... for us new guys .

LOL, sorry bout that. Most of the rides are day trips to different destinations. The big exception is the Spring Ice Breaker here in Kincardine which a 3 day meet. What we will be doing is posting event details here as we get closer, ie the 507 ride late in July we will post the where to meet info etc. in May or so once we confirm the details with the organizer. Right now it looks like we will be meeting at HB Cycle in Lindsay, Ontario that morning, but I want to confirm first. There are only a couple of rides that I will say are quite firm, first the August 2nd Drag race day at St. Thomas is for sure starting at 1pm at the track, second the Ride to the Lake will meet at the Denny's in Whitby, Ontario at 7:30am, and third the Manitoulin Island ride we will meet in Little Current some time in the morning (this is one I have to firm up). Once we know for sure all the details of a ride it will be posted for all to see, we just wanted to get the dates out there so folks can begin to plan.

Ever think about adding a Ride For Sight ride to the schedule? I organize the off road version of it for the dual sport club I'm in, but it would great to see a bunch of Vmaxes pull in. This year it is up in Collingwood.

LOL, sorry bout that. Most of the rides are day trips to different destinations. The big exception is the Spring Ice Breaker here in Kincardine which a 3 day meet. What we will be doing is posting event details here as we get closer, ie the 507 ride late in July we will post the where to meet info etc. in May or so once we confirm the details with the organizer. Right now it looks like we will be meeting at HB Cycle in Lindsay, Ontario that morning, but I want to confirm first. There are only a couple of rides that I will say are quite firm, first the August 2nd Drag race day at St. Thomas is for sure starting at 1pm at the track, second the Ride to the Lake will meet at the Denny's in Whitby, Ontario at 7:30am, and third the Manitoulin Island ride we will meet in Little Current some time in the morning (this is one I have to firm up). Once we know for sure all the details of a ride it will be posted for all to see, we just wanted to get the dates out there so folks can begin to plan.

the Manitoulin Island ride sounds like fun ..... i live in north bay which is i think a bit closer for me but i call it the tobermory run .
we leave from the bay and head into wasaga beach , up to tobermory and accross to the island ....... ride to sudbury and then back to the bay.does it in any way cross your path ???
mapquest is great for this stuff .

heres the link to the trip we had planned ...... http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Nor....437452:-80.621978:0:0::::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

Ever think about adding a Ride For Sight ride to the schedule? I organize the off road version of it for the dual sport club I'm in, but it would great to see a bunch of Vmaxes pull in. This year it is up in Collingwood.

that would be sweet ........
anybody ever hear of the cowpaddyboys ??
its in north augusta ontario .
www.cowpaddyboys.com
its an all bikes welcome event for charity .

Hey Rex, we like your route. As you can see we have the Manitoulin ride planned for Aug.22 & 23. It would be cool if we could meet and combine the rides. How do our dates work for you?

Unfortunatley, this year's Ride For Sight conflicts with those attending the Skyline Drive/Thunder ride although that doesn't mean soemone else couldn't organize a VMax group for the ride.:biglaugh:

Last edited:
do u think u could use mapquest and plan out your route so i can see where u guys go ???

as for the dates ..... ill have to see whats goin on for me ..... thats the weekend after the cowpaddy run in north augusta .i would love to go

Hey Rex, we like your route. As you can see we have the Manitoulin ride planned for Aug.22 & 23. It would be cool if we could meet and combine the rides. How do our dates work for you?

Rex, I think we are still in the planning stages for this run. What we did last year is meet Mike in Espanola then ride down to Little Current to meet up with Jim. We rode west on the island to Gore Bay on 540,went up to the overlook for a little BS'n then had lunch (had poutine for the first time that I can remember!). and then on Afterwards we went southward on 542 to 6 to find lodging for the evening in South Baymouth. Since we went in the off season we didn't have a lot of choices for lodging or dining.
I think we were planning on riding on the island on Saturday, but with a earlier start this time. Last year we had a couple guys run a little late coming from Michigan, dang yoopers anyways!:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back