2009 Service Manual - Yamaha Factory Parts Diagram Discrepancy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where, specifically, is the coupler for the crank position sensor? I looked at the manual, under the seat, removed the rear fender, the side cover, traced the leads from the stator cover up through the frame to the rectifier.... which ended up being only the 3 white wires from the stator. Yet, at the stator I can see a blue wire..... I traced the wire with my fingers through the hellish plastic guard between the rear cylinders and the gas tank....I can feel the wire, and to some extent, with a flashlight I can see it....I can't find the coupler as defined in the manual for the sensor and I can't feel it. The blue wire magically disappears.

Because of the cost of a stator assembly, I bought a new digital multimeter (any job worth doing is worth buying a new tool). It shows my coils on the stator to still be plus-2x over the recommended resistance when measured at the connector for the rectifier. I would really like to test the resistance on the crank position sensor before I have to remove the front exhaust, drain all the new oil and remove the casing. I am hoping this is the only problem. If the cylinder identification sensor is toast, I have no Idea how to get to it. Beyond removing the airbox and assoicated parts, I don't know how to get to it. Help please.

cart

Back