2009 VMax Light Damage Auction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be a hell of a fixer upper. Or if you wanted a 09 to really customize. And just a few bikes away from mine, too. If only I had the time. :bang head:

I've seen much much worse damage fixed and still being ridden in KY over the years.

The internet brokers are killing the online salvage business with reserve bs. In KY if you bid $1 on a true insurance item from the salvage pool, you get the item with the high bid if nobody else bids. Insurance companies around here do not put a reserve on things, individuals & brokers do.

The only time I have seen an insurance company put a reserve on an item was a Chris Craft boat back in the 80's that was a brand new theft recovery, and the reserve was 25% of the insurable value of the boat.

25% of an insurance value at ($14K) makes the bike worth around $3.5K to the insurance company. Furthermore, since the bike has a non-rebuildable VA title, one would have to be slightly creative in getting it titled again. Still not a hard thing to do in KY if you know the system :biglaugh:

Anyway...

I've seen much much worse damage fixed and still being ridden in KY over the years.

The internet brokers are killing the online salvage business with reserve bs. In KY if you bid $1 on a true insurance item from the salvage pool, you get the item with the high bid if nobody else bids. Insurance companies around here do not put a reserve on things, individuals & brokers do.

The only time I have seen an insurance company put a reserve on an item was a Chris Craft boat back in the 80's that was a brand new theft recovery, and the reserve was 25% of the insurable value of the boat.

25% of an insurance value at ($14K) makes the bike worth around $3.5K to the insurance company. Furthermore, since the bike has a non-rebuildable VA title, one would have to be slightly creative in getting it titled again. Still not a hard thing to do in KY if you know the system :biglaugh:

Anyway...

The lesson here is, never buy a used bike from KY.

Latest posts

Back