2010 Niagara Ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfisher65

Reaction score
Here are the details for Dales ride on Saturday, Sept. 18th.

Meet at the Niagara Gateway (Timmy’s) at the Casablanca exit on the QEW in Grimsby @ 10am that morning. (Address is 424 South Service Rd Grimsby for those with GPS). Ride will be about 4 hrs with all the stops. Of course we'll end up at Dale & Donna's place for a BBQ.

Anyone heading in from the west let me know and we’ll set-up some meeting points along the way.

Cheers,

We also have a pay raffle at $5 per ticket for the following items:

2x full oil change kit with a K&N oil filter and 4L of Motul 10-40wt oil
2 Yamaha shirts
2 Yamaha hats

The funds raised by these raffles go to paying for our events (ie. prizes and bbq's).

Where's Dale and Donna's. I Don't know If I can really make any of the ride, but If I can get away for a few hours, it would be neat to meet you guys up north. I also don't know If I can cross the border. I'm still working on the enhanced liecense thing, but you never know. I map quested your meeting site and it was a little over an hour from me.

Tim

Would of loved to meet up with you guys, but I'm working. Never took the bike into Canada, wonder if it would be any hassle?

Would of loved to meet up with you guys, but I'm working. Never took the bike into Canada, wonder if it would be any hassle?

No different than driving in a car!
If any one wants directions to my house just pm me and I'll send you details. Easiest would be from the Rainbow Bridge but Peace Bridge is Ok too.

Dale #2592

WOOHOO, cheesecake!!!!!!!! Sounds like more fun than I can legally have!! Looking forward to the ride Dale, will be a blast as always!

I'm out. I called the DMV yesterday and they said It takes 2 weeks to get the enhanced license. I asked If they gave a reciept when I did all the paperwork, and If I could use that. Her response was," Well sir it's been over a year since they changed it, so they no longer accept the recipt".
So you ask, Tim why didn't you just get the enhanced license before.
The answer is I cannot stomach giving any more of my money to the bloated pig called New York. For 45 years I crossed that border with proper ID and a clean record, with them having full disclosure on every document that pertained to me. And now for the low price of $30 They can have the same Information and ask the same questions, and I can feel better knowing my money has gone to help pay for an Illegal aliens health care. :bang head: Rant over.
I just need to bite the bullet and get it .
Tim

I do know folks who still cross with their birth certificate, they just get hassled at the border for a while before being allowed to enter. Am hoping a few of the Wester NY guys can make it over, it's a great ride and a ton of fun. A couple of years ago our guide drove us right into the middle of a parade, folks thought we were supposed to be there and just took TONS of pictures of us LOL.

I do know folks who still cross with their birth certificate, they just get hassled at the border for a while before being allowed to enter. Am hoping a few of the Wester NY guys can make it over, it's a great ride and a ton of fun. A couple of years ago our guide drove us right into the middle of a parade, folks thought we were supposed to be there and just took TONS of pictures of us LOL.

That was all planned Jim :ummm:

Hmmmm....Harley Biketoberfest the same day as our ride. Hmmmmm...they're meeting in Chippawa at noon. Hmmmmmm....I hear some Maxes will be in Chippawa right around that time.:punk:

Dale #2592

That was all planned Jim :ummm:

Hmmmm....Harley Biketoberfest the same day as our ride. Hmmmmm...they're meeting in Chippawa at noon. Hmmmmmm....I hear some Maxes will be in Chippawa right around that time.:punk:

Dale #2592

COOL!!! We really should make a pass by their meeting place. Let them hear the "thunder" of real horsepower passing by them:punk:

Vitek,
We're meeting in Grimsby at 1000 hr. By the time we get moving 1030 hr?
We'll be at the Ft.E Garrison Rd Tims around 1200hrs. Then heading up the Parkway from Ft.E round 1230 hr? to Chippawa to NF to Queenston and loop back to Fonthill. We usually stop at the Falls and the Whirlpool for a bit on our way through NF.

Just follow the "thunder". It's louder then the Falls!!:eusa_dance:

Dale #2592

I'm out. I called the DMV yesterday and they said It takes 2 weeks to get the enhanced license. I asked If they gave a reciept when I did all the paperwork, and If I could use that. Her response was," Well sir it's been over a year since they changed it, so they no longer accept the recipt".
So you ask, Tim why didn't you just get the enhanced license before.
The answer is I cannot stomach giving any more of my money to the bloated pig called New York. For 45 years I crossed that border with proper ID and a clean record, with them having full disclosure on every document that pertained to me. And now for the low price of $30 They can have the same Information and ask the same questions, and I can feel better knowing my money has gone to help pay for an Illegal aliens health care. :bang head: Rant over.
I just need to bite the bullet and get it .
Tim
I crossed once last year before I had my Nexus or Passport (both with RFID) on just my Michigan Driver license and was not detained due to that fact. What took me the most time was waiting in the normal lines to get to th e booth so they can manually check you out as you enter the US. This year crossing at the Port Huron/ Sarnia back into the U.S. the normal ID lines started as soon as I went through the booths on the Candian side whereas I was able to ride all the was across the Bluewater bridge then wait for about 12-15 cars that would stop at the booth for about 3-4 minutes max in the Nexus lane. IMO that paid for the hassle and expense right there!

Thanks Dale for another great ride!!!!! The company was great, the weather held out for us, AND we got cheesecake!! As promised I even did a smokey burnout in the street in front of your house..... see attached pic of the aftermath LOL......

Attachments

• Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 062.jpg
    Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 062.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 23
A few more pics from my house:

Dale #2592

Attachments

• Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 006.jpg
    Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 006.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 057.jpg
    Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 057.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 059.jpg
    Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 059.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 061.jpg
    Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 061.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 062.jpg
    Niagara RIDE 10-09-18 062.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 14
Well if you guys ever make in down to Western New York look me up Mad-Max is always looking for a good ride. Taking a road trip from Dunkirk Ny to Sandusky Oh Oct, 9th. Hope the weather is good for ride. But anyways be safe and have a great ride wish I could join someday...Need to get a Vmax chapter running around here...Call to all Western New York Vmax riders lets get er done...Lol.

Latest posts

Back