2010 Spring Ice Breaker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap! I think I will actuslly be available to attend! I will confirm with the lady if she can attend too!

Awesome!

Eh Everyone

Mr. Bill here. Just a few quick notes about the Ice breaker Weekend. I am giving Jim a hand to get this together because I live about 10 min. from Port Dover. There are next to no rooms availabe in nearby Simcoe for our weekend, apparently Spring weddings are big the first week of June.

We have rooms booked at the Erie Beach Hotel & at Angelo's Hotel in Port Dover.

Erie Beach rooms might be described as small done in earily 50's or 60's decor. The rooms are near the beach, clean and priced not bad. The rooms here are quieter and are bit larger than those at Angelo's Hotel. There is one large suite available with a view. The rooms are above where we will have dinner Saturday night. The Erie Beach all you can eat pickrel and chicken dinner is fantastic. There is a large casual bar on the main floor.

Angelo's Hotel is located on the main street in the center of Port Dover. Angelo's rooms may be described as early western motif crossed with a biker bar hotel. Again the rooms are very clean and small with a few unusual bed combinations in the rooms. The rooms again are all above the bar. The bar is a great spot to unwind, very laid back. There is an outside patio, big screen TV, shuffle board, food served and live entertainment both Friday and Saturday night. Parking at the rear for the bikes is sort of private as well. Did I mention that we have all of the rooms in the place. The rooms at Angelo's are cheaper but will have more noise with the bar and live band being right below the rooms.

Angelo's advertizes " the best breakfast in Port Dover" for Saturday and Sunday mornings.

It looks like we will do the lakeshore road for our Saturday morning ride. Lots of twisties, a few small towns, small hamlets and a few wide open long stretches to clean out the carbon. About 1:45 hours each way with a few stops along the way. It is a great bike route.

Hope to see everyone there. It looks like we are going to have a great turn out this year. You should get your rooms booked soon there are not many rooms available in the area for overflow. If we fill all of the rooms up don't worry we will find a place for everyone to lay their head. If you call and the rooms are all gone contact me and we will find you something.
My cell 519-427-4121

Lets all hope for a sunny weekend!!

Later

Bill

Eh Trevor

Who knows if any of us will still be here in June? Louis ( the owner of Angelo's ) has had the place for sale for awhile now and he has recently purchased two more businesses in town. Everthing in Port Dover seems to be just sold, just purchased or for sale. It is a typical booming lakeshore tourist town, thing changing all of the time.

If the place sells and the new owners do not want us we will work something out I am sure. The " Spring Ice Breaker " ride will go on. If you want to play it safe you could book a room at the Erie Beach Hotel I do not think it is for sale. ( At this time )

Don't worry, be happy, book a room.

See you in June.

Later
Mr. Bill
VMOA 5249

So which hotel should I book at?? :ummm:

UPDATE!!!!!

This year's Saturday meal will be partially paid for by a sponsorship we have received from Yamaha Canada! Also, Blue Streak Racing (www.bluestreakracing.ca) has procurred a PC Racing Oil filter that we will be having a raffle for. Tickets for this item will be $2 each or 3 for $5. Will fit any Max with a spin on filter. For those with the older style I am going to see about getting an adaptor that we can either raffle with or seperately. See you all there!!!:punk:

All right boys we are getting down to a month to go and I want to start checking to see who is planning on attending. If this spring is any indication, and God knows it might not be, we should have some warmer weather than the last couple of years!! If you are planning on attending and have not made your hotel reservations I would suggest that you don't wait too much longer or you will have a harder time finding accomodations in Port Dover itself. Hopefully we can have a BIG turnout. As there are TONS of Harleys that hang out in town I would love to roll through with 30+ Vmax's rumbling away. :punk:

I have been waiting on my brother but it turns out that he will not be going. I will make my reservations tonight...hopefully there's a opening! If not I'll bring my backpacking tent along and scope out a local campground.
Jim, give me a call when you get a chance as I need to find out where your new abode is located. We still on target for me stopping by on Thursday (May 27th) on the way out to the Brownie Run?

I have been waiting on my brother but it turns out that he will not be going. I will make my reservations tonight...hopefully there's a opening! If not I'll bring my backpacking tent along and scope out a local campground.
Jim, give me a call when you get a chance as I need to find out where your new abode is located. We still on target for me stopping by on Thursday (May 27th) on the way out to the Brownie Run?

Will do! So far so good, but I may not be around until the evening as I have to go to divorce court in Ottawa that morning. Finally getting going on getting the beotch out of my life:punk:

Will do! So far so good, but I may not be around until the evening as I have to go to divorce court in Ottawa that morning. Finally getting going on getting the beotch out of my life:punk:
I'll be in Flint/ Flushing area on Wednesday afternoon visiting my sister and friends. I will stop Rocky's on Thursday morningthen hit the bike shops in the area before heading your way later in the afternoon.

I'll be in Flint/ Flushing area on Wednesday afternoon visiting my sister and friends. I will stop Rocky's on Thursday morningthen hit the bike shops in the area before heading your way later in the afternoon.

Brian, not sure yet if I'm going on the Brownie Run but I'd be more than happy to hook up with you on the way through here to Jim's on the 27th.

That would be great Trevor, that way we could really make Jim's new neighbors learn about the Vmax!:biglaugh:
I am planning on meeting Chris (Vmaxride06) the next day(10 to 11am?) near Manchester, N.Y., then Kyle (Kaboom) on the ride over to Danny's.

Latest posts

Back