2011 vmax Japanese specs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okilow1

Reaction score
Hello All...I'm new to the website. Great info on here. I'm hoping you can help me out with a couple of questions. I live in Japan and am looking at buying the 2011 vmax, obviously it has Japanese specs not US specs. The dealer here is telling me it has 150 bhp. I don't think that's accurate (?). If it is accurate, what would the OEM Racing ECM bump that bhp up to? Up to US specs? Any help would be appreciated on answering this.

Respectfully...Okilow1

Wow, What's the price, American over there for a VMax? The import fees and taxes must kill us here.

As far as the detuning for Japan, Our Gen II's are speced at just under 200 HP, Around 160 ish on the ground. If the ECM is the only thing holding the Japanese Model back, that's what you can expect. Racing ECM ? Gain.

What color options do you have there?

Thanx,

Thanks for the reply. The total price here in Japan with sales tax, JCI (compulsory insurance & inspection) and road tax is $23,000...if the Dollar is equal to the Yen. However, the Yen is 17 cents stronger than the Dollar at the moment...so the price at the moment would be about $27,000 or so. I'm just waiting for the Yen to weaken. (Elections are coming up in a couple of weeks and the economy is in tatters...so it should be soon).

The colors are the same offered in the US. But that bhp issue just doesn't seem right to me. Why would it be detuned to 150 bhp? I know the Jap emissions are much stricter than the US...but 40 bhp worth? This dealer must be talking about at the rear wheel. I dunno.

Any idea how much more bhp the Racing ECM would give it? With a K&N filter, of course.

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it!!!

Thanks for the reply. The total price here in Japan with sales tax, JCI (compulsory insurance & inspection) and road tax is $23,000...if the Dollar is equal to the Yen. However, the Yen is 17 cents stronger than the Dollar at the moment...so the price at the moment would be about $27,000 or so. I'm just waiting for the Yen to weaken. (Elections are coming up in a couple of weeks and the economy is in tatters...so it should be soon).

The colors are the same offered in the US. But that bhp issue just doesn't seem right to me. Why would it be detuned to 150 bhp? I know the Jap emissions are much stricter than the US...but 40 bhp worth? This dealer must be talking about at the rear wheel. I dunno.

Any idea how much more bhp the Racing ECM would give it? With a K&N filter, of course.

Gen1 v-max was detuned in JAP too, huh?
I've heard about speed governor too.

I don't doubt the lower spec at all. I'm surprised that you can even buy one over there with the cc limits that are in place.

Gen 1 lost the V Boost in Japan so the HP loss must be about the same as it was 100 HP there. I'm not sure how much a race ECU would give. k&N is probably minimal. It is on the Gen 1, No additional HP with a stock air box..

$27,000 is rediculous for the Gen II. I would have thought it would be way cheap there... ???????

Gen 1 lost the V Boost in Japan so the HP loss must be about the same as it was 100 HP there. I'm not sure how much a race ECU would give. k&N is probably minimal. It is on the Gen 1, No additional HP with a stock air box..

$27,000 is rediculous for the Gen II. I would have thought it would be way cheap there... ???????

bigger market here, so it's cheaper.

Wow, I'm balking at $20,000.:bang head:

I could have 3 really nice Gen 1's for that much.
That makes it hard to justify.:ummm:

I don't think the Race ECM adds any HP, it just removes the electronic speed limiter. Tim (VMaxGuru) on this forum, is the genius on the Gen 2s, especially on the electronics, so hopefully he will see this thread and post or you can try sending him a PM.

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied!! I appreciate the info!! I guess I'll wait until I PCS in 9 months back to the good ol' USA to get my Vmax. I really don't want to pay all that $$ for 50 less bhp on a Jap spec model. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back