2012 zx1400 200 plus hp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainednitromaxx

Reaction score
I just heard about the new zx 1400, there is talk of 210 crank hp! The bike is said to be lighter also. If this is true i want one. It is time to update the Gen 2 already!

Yes, it is a beast, check the KAWA website.

Still though,,very uncomfortable to ride any distance. I believe RWHP is close to 190, Torque in 120's, and far lighter than a new, or Gen 1 Max. Wild machine.

O

I don't know about the latest version of the Zx-1400 but the one from a couple of years ago was fairly comfortable to lay down distance on, more so than a Busa, which wasn't terribly bad either.

The Ninja platform has been restyled in the last few years....used to be "Ninja" was the crotch rockets, but now it's more of the sport-touring, and the "ZX" series are the rockets.

I sat on a Ninja, thought it seemed fairly comfortable. Not all on your wrists like a true sportbike.

I rode a S1000RR a few days ago, which was I guess the "former" hp king, and it's acceleration and speed were absolutely unreal, and this is even more powerful.

Wonder if BMW is going to step up there game and bump up their HP monster they have. All that power and speed with real ABS! Again, not wanting to compare muscle bikes to sport bikes but dang, I remember reading early Gen II reports where they had to "De-Tune" the beast to make it more practical. Screw practical, I want the nastiest firbreathing, un governed bike out there. Especially for $19,000!
Wish Star would get the message.

This thing is going to be a beast!

Is this the one that is factory supercharged? I was reading an article not to long ago that this years model was indeed going to be supercharged straight out of the box, and that they were re designing the whole motor around this setup, and redesigning the whole chassis around that motor setup so that it all came together perfect!

Anyone have any detailed articles on it?

I just watched the video listed above on U tube and found another that had the zx against a 12 busa and it spanked the busa. I am very excited about this zx bike, but now it really is starting to piss me off. So much research was put in a max and all the money it took to do research that never was able to claim top dop as the gen 1 did when it released. The zx will hit the 8s with no more than a 3" add on to swinger arm and some trick gas easily if not there with that sure with full pipe. Also no whimpy wheely bar to add.:bang head:

I am very excited about this zx bike, but now it really is starting to piss me off. So much research was put in a max and all the money it took to do research that never was able to claim top dop as the gen 1 did when it released.

Join the club.......:whistlin:

I just watched the video listed above on U tube and found another that had the zx against a 12 busa and it spanked the busa. I am very excited about this zx bike, but now it really is starting to piss me off. So much research was put in a max and all the money it took to do research that never was able to claim top dop as the gen 1 did when it released. The zx will hit the 8s with no more than a 3" add on to swinger arm and some trick gas easily if not there with that sure with full pipe. Also no whimpy wheely bar to add.:bang head:

Godson has already had it in the 8,s with a brocks pipe power comander an lowered with no stretch

Does Ronco make the power colander? "Strain pasta in record time with the power colander, by RONCO"

lol, couldn't resist.

Gen 2 holds up pretty good here in the 1/8th mile.....not easy to run real hard on the 14RR without stretching the swingarm. The one I saw at the track was runiing 10.1 but at 150 mph in the 1/4. Great power but you need more than power to go fast at the drag strip.

VMax is point and shoot.....even a caveman can do it! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGm4xhQarQ&feature=player_embedded

What the hell??? Super charged zx1400? Who can read chinese??
View attachment 31333

That was a few years ago, back in 2009-10 the rumors of a supercharged 14, it was still in the testing phase. They still made some power and dropped the supercharger for '12. I would like to see them pick it back up :punk:
Sure they have the top speed governed, but, no import rules that state on how quick you can get there. :)

Gen 2 holds up pretty good here in the 1/8th mile.....not easy to run real hard on the 14RR without stretching the swingarm. The one I saw at the track was runiing 10.1 but at 150 mph in the 1/4. Great power but you need more than power to go fast at the drag strip.

VMax is point and shoot.....even a caveman can do it! LOL

Like they say, HP is your MPH curve and TQ your e.t.
It used to bug me seeing faster and such in my younger years. Now I have a 9 sec ride, and I'm ok with it, but dayum! that 14RR is the shit wet dreams are made of. :punk:

I bet the supercharged 14 will see the light of day eventually.

They already have a variant of that engine supercharged to 300hp in their jetskis.

Rode a 14 at americade this year. It's actually quite comfortable, surprisingly. The larger overall size of the bike means you're not tucked up like a pretzel and actually have some room.

MC performance now is at the point that speed and cornering is limited more by tires, suspension, and rider skill rather than power. These hyperbikes all come with traction control, aka engine nanny. There's too much power on tap for probably 95% of riders to handle despite what they might think. So people aren't killing themselves left and right the bike has to be smarter than the rider. Now technology that does that is practical. In the 70s and 80's, it wasn't. Why bikes like the H3 and Vmax have such "widowmaker" legends about them. People aren't used to that insane amount of power.

I'm sure more power could be stuffed into a bike, but seriously, why? I highly doubt you'd take a 14 for a drive, and come back thinking it was underpowered.

Boss Hoss bikes can have close to 500hp, and those are more of a bike night oddity to impress people with burnouts rather than a practical motorcycle.

I'm sure more power could be stuffed into a bike, but seriously, why? I highly doubt you'd take a 14 for a drive, and come back thinking it was underpowered.

Actually, I have and I did.
I expected more of an explosive power, but found it tame but, nice and linear. I prefer the punch you in the face power, that makes you have to drive the bike.
I can see many a mile put on with a little bit of riser action. But I would want more power, or at the least slide the tq curve down a bit.

What I would like to recapture is the 140 hp and tq my chopper had, talk about a feeling when you let out the clutch. That bike was awesome down low. Come to think about it, with the baker 6-speed it did pretty well up top too :biglaugh:, but couple the chopper's tq with my old XS' horsepower, I'd be a happy camper. I'm almost there with the Vmax, but I'm about 30 hp from the XS and 20-25 of tq away from the chopper.

Back