2014 1700 no start after short heat soak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.w.whigham

Reaction score
just bought a 2014 for 12,750 with 6,893 mi in portland and proceeded home to billings except every 84 miles low fuel light so every time i fueled up no start after short heat soak no start motor spins at ok speed if you were to crank longer i know batt. would need jump/ charge so i was patient 13/16 min and then after semi long crank it would start runs finest of the times i needed rest push bike off to side and wait cold morning starts fine. hot restart when cold less wait time 5/7 min. been living with it. oh, one thing when cranking during no start could hear one cylinder fire like almost ready to start however does not maybe fuel maybe out of desperation try to mist a few bursts of starting fluid in air intakes to see if it at least fires a little plan to run some injector cleaner also fuel mileage worse than most people describe have not checked air filter yet dont know what ECU looks at during hot crank must look at temp and crank sensor cant see a camshaft sensor i think last owner traded bike in because no one could diagnose hot no start dealer said they did not have problem possible fib.

weather

Latest posts

Back