2014 Thunder in the Valley - PA

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seth and I will be leaving around 4:30pm tomorrow, as soon as he gets home from work. Should put us there around 7:30-8:00 ish. Michael, if you or Jamie have any problems, (hopefully not) tell him to call me, he has my number. Ride safe brothers and see everyone soon!

Anyone know if there's any rooms still left at the Days Inn. I might just ride up tonight if I can get a room.

Days inn is full but I can stay across the street at the knights Inn but I'm gonna have to find someone to let me put my jacket and gear at their room while I ride tomorrow then I'll ride home tomorrow night

I arrived at 09:00. Met some folks, installed a power outlet for GPS , then Damon and Tyler worked on my bike (Thank You!) and found I'm not charging at all. *sigh*
So, I guess I won't be riding after all. Looks like we'll be heading out tomorrow. Parts are ordered, I'll get it apart Sunday so when the parts arrive I can get it right back together.

Pete, I had that same problem last year. It died a couple times and had to bump start it but I put about 300 miles on that day. Im gonna guess and say it's your stator. Mine was bad for quite a while( not completely junk) but I found the issue, one of the 3 wires got pinched coming out of the stator. But what I really wanna say is, if you trailered it to thunder and it will run. I'd take it out for the day if it will stay running. You could just take a jump pack or set of cables and at least have the best day of riding in your life. Just a thought..

Here are a few Rollie. Sorry I don't have better pics.

Attachments

• 20140627_175539.jpg
    20140627_175539.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20140627_175553.jpg
    20140627_175553.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 46
  • 20140627_110051.jpg
    20140627_110051.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 47
Well got to Thunder on Friday afternoon and had a Great time talking with some good people !!, Mike, Redbone , Jim and a few others I had never met before was Good meeting new people and running into some old Friends like Damon & wife, Tyler & wife , Chuck & Rose, Big John, Bones, Greg Cole & wife, Greg , to many to list but just want to say Thanks for everything!! It had been 4 yrs since I was at the last Thunder and the people are what makes Thunder an event not to miss , just want to say Thanks Again this old man needed the day from work to remember how much of a Good Time this event is. Thank You all again and see you next year!

ru6upugy.jpg

Its a little after 4am in Somerset PA....myself, Seth, Steve and Kristi are the last ones standing on saturday night at THUNDER! Nothin like a mason jar, shootin the breeze, and chocolate chip / peanut butter cookie sandwiches at 4am. Already can't wait till next year.

Had a great day at Thunder! I met up with Bill K and went straight to Johnstown and rode in the Parade then got off and people watched. That was interesting! Had awesome weather all day. Then rode down to the Days Inn and met up with some great guys! Dennis, glad you made it buddy, wheelchair and all! Then of course Mike, Shane and his dad Sherman. We went to eat and I'm really glad I did cause I got to know Shane and Sherman a bit. This group of guys make you glad this forum exists. Then I tried to dodge the rain on the way home but my years of luck never riding in rain kinda ran out. It started dry as could then I pulled in the same service plaza I broke down last year at just to top off my tank and clean my visor. It just stated raining a little. Then Autum called and ask " Where are you?" When I told her she said: "Stay put" cause it was POURING at home! Damn! So I waited till it looked like most rain was ending so I started back on my way. Then 2 exits from home it started just lightly raining so it wasn't too bad but right before I got to my exit 2 Semi's passed me and sprayed me like a friggin fire hose. But, here's how great my girl is. I pulled in about 12:45am and my wife and daughter were waiting with a stack of towels and since it quit raining by then I was able to get most all the water and dirt off before it dried. It all worked out and next year I'm gonna take a few days off work to really enjoy the whole experience and meet more of the cool Vmax people. And if you never have been to thunder, you should definetly go!!!

Last edited:
Had a great day at Thunder! I met up with Bill K and went straight to Johnstown and rode in the Parade then got off and people watched. That was interesting! Had awesome weather all day. Then rode down to the Days Inn and met up with some great guys! Dennis, glad you made it buddy, wheelchair and all! Then of course Mike, Shane and his dad Sherman. We actually went to eat and I'm really glad I did. This group of guys make you glad this forum exists. Then I tried to dodge the rain on the way home but my years of luck never riding in rain kinda ran out. It started dry as could then I pulled in the same service plaza I broke down last year at just to top off my tank and clean my visor. It just stated raining a little. Then Autum called and ask " Where are you?" When I told her she said: "Stay put" cause it was POURING at home! Damn! So I waited till it looked like most rain was ending so I started back on my way. Then 2 exits from home it started just lightly raining so it wasn't too bad but right before I got to my exit 2 Semi's passed me and sprayed me like a friggin fire hose. But, here's how great my girl is. I pulled in about 12:45am and my wife and daughter were waiting with a stack of towels and since it quit raining by then I was able to get most all the water and dirt off before it dried. It all worked out and next year I'm gonna take a few days off work to really enjoy the whole experience and meet more of the cool Vmax people. And if you never have been to thunder, you should definetly go!!!
Sorry I missed the chance to meet you Ed , I went up Friday and only had the one day for Thunder but has you said you need to go to it to see all the Great times and the Great people at Thunder !! #953 Kurt

We all made it home safe and dry! Thanks to everyone for a great time, and friendship shown to our son, Ian and his riding buddy, Jake. They were impressed and happy to meet everyone, and they will definitely be back nest year, as will we... The only thing wrong with Thunder, is it should be a week long..........

Just got back from Thunder a couple of hours ago. First time there. Had a blast was the best riding of my life. Met a lot of great ppl can't remember all there names. Just wanted to say Thanks to Grimmie especially he took the time to help me with my carbs in the dark using a flashlight and did a great job, Thanks to everyone else too for being very friendly and just a great bunch of ppl. Can't wait for next year you guys rock !!

Seth and I made it home. Hope everyone's trip home went well. I had a great time meeting everyone and enjoyed some awesome rides, hated to leave. Ohhh... I forgot to comment on how beautiful the scenery was....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404104261.407435.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404104290.188082.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404104308.554659.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, thanks to all my vmax brothers and a few sisters too...for coming to this annual spectacular event and making it what it is still today. I have never had a dull moment at this event and the rides are always awesome!!! Great company of friends, rides, and of course bikes....

Believe it or not, there's a lot that goes into setting up this event with planning and overseeing it. I cannot take all the credit, Steve Katz is my right hand man for this event. Also special thanks to all of the ride leaders, and Scott Trimpey for hosting the Thursday BBQ at this house.

I'm glad we had no major issues at the event. The one fallen rider, Greg, luckily was able to walk away with a few scrapes.

I made my reservations for Thunder 2015. This will be the VMAX's 30th Anniversary, so we need to think of what will make this one the MOST memorable!!!

Back