2014 Thunder in the Valley - PA

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, is there any chance someone can help me with the pea shooter and/or shotgun Friday or Saturday at the hotel? I ran Seafoam to try to eliminate a mid-range stumble and now I have an idle problem. I don't think I will have time to work on the bike before I leave for the meet early Friday AM.

Hey, is there any chance someone can help me with the pea shooter and/or shotgun Friday or Saturday at the hotel? I ran Seafoam to try to eliminate a mid-range stumble and now I have an idle problem. I don't think I will have time to work on the bike before I leave for the meet early Friday AM.
There will be plenty of guys there that are very knowledgeable about a Vmax, you should have No problem getting as much help as you need.
And there is a tech session on Friday:
2 - 6 pm
Tech Session –Learn more about your Vmax-
Head Wrenchers: Tyler Pennock & Damon Ferraiuolo
THIS IS A HANDS-ON TECH SESSION
Changing brake fluid & other misc
Session will be held at Days Inn- Center parking lot

Thank you. I'll try to convince my better half to leave Friday at 05:00 which should get me there before 08:00. Maybe there will be some early risers out in the lot who will want to help me out so I can go out on a ride. If not, I presume that there will be a pretty good sized group around in the evening. I don't want to derail the tech session with a carb question when they intend to focus on brake fluid flushing.

Does anyone know the check-in time at the hotel? (I'm guessing it will be noon or later...)

^ The only problem I see with doing the shotgun in the parking lot will be getting access to a compressor.
You might want to ride over to Scott Trimpey's house in Stoystown (about 10 miles away) has a compressor you can use.
I know he also has a Carbtune, so you could even synch your carbs up while you're there.
Doing the Peashooter should not be a problem as long as you have a syringe/turkey injector and some Seafoam or Techron.

The people at the motel are pretty cool, and I bet if you get there a bit early there will be no problem at all getting the room, if it's ready...

If you get there way early, take a ride up the Somerset-Johnstown Pike about 15 miles, and stop in at Jim and Jimmies! Best roadhouse in the area!!

Ah yes, I forgot about the 100 PSI for the shotgun. (Only read about it once, and could not find the Pea Shooter details.) Hence the hope for someone to help me with it/them. I'll buy a syringe and bring the seafoam, along with a can of Berryman's spray carb cleaner.

I can't impose upon someone I've never met or even conversed with, so I guess I'll hope that the pea shooter resolves it. If not, I'll try to do it when I get home.

^ Pete,
I'm actually staying at Scott Trimpey's house for Thunder and he's throwing the BBQ for everyone on Thursday.
And I talked to him today and he said you are more than welcome to use his compressor if you need to do the shotgun.
I'll be easy to spot, I'll be the guy with the walker and/or wheelchair.
Just come say hello when you spot me in the Hotel Parking lot sometime on Friday.

Here's a Peashooter Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xItRzty9_hA

And here's a Peashooter Guide you can print to bring with you:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55030067/Pea%20Shooter%20Method.pdf
And LvlHead's Shotgun Guide:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55030067/Shooting the Shotgun - LvLHead.pdf

Thank you, I'll print out the print version and watch the video. Please extend my gratitude to Scott, I may end up taking him up on that if the pea shooter does not resolve it.

It's been AGES since I tore into a carburetor (probably decades!) so I am quite hesitant about doing so on my own. And the carbs I used to work on (aside from Rochester 4 BBLs and other automotive carbs) were pretty simple ones from dirt bikes. The last thing I want to do is trash something and be unable to ride.

PS - the brass plugs he is drilling, are those to expose the idle adjustment screws? If so, mine are already drilled out.

PPS - I'll be certain to come say hello. That's the walker with the knobby tires, right? :)

I just copied all the Vmax guides (from here and other Vmax sites) I converted to .pdf format to a USB stick to bring with me.
So as long as we have access to a laptop or PC we can view any of them if needed also.
You can download most of them from here:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=355031#post355031

And don't worry, the Shotgun and Peashooter are pretty simple to do and you'll definitely have no problem finding help at the Hotel.

Very cool, many thanks. I'll have my laptop with me, so no worries about that. I'll also download the documents so I have them.

Thank you! See you on Friday. :punk:

I think Damon and Tyler are going to change up the tech sessions and make several of them from what I hear. Dont worry about how your vmax runs, just get to Thunder and we will get you going for sure!!!

There will be plenty of guys there that are very knowledgeable about a Vmax, you should have No problem getting as much help as you need.
And there is a tech session on Friday:
2 - 6 pm
Tech Session –Learn more about your Vmax-
Head Wrenchers: Tyler Pennock & Damon Ferraiuolo
THIS IS A HANDS-ON TECH SESSION
Changing brake fluid & other misc
Session will be held at Days Inn- Center parking lot

Pete,
Due to some of us will be unable to ride and/or bring our V-maxes Tyler & I will be having an open house type tech session each day in addition to the Friday scheduled one. I'll make sure to bring a portable compressor to help with your carb issues.

Last edited:
All packed and waiting for the morning sun.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• 2014-06-22_16-42-03_841.jpg
    2014-06-22_16-42-03_841.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
Ride safe guys, have a great trip and post pics here when you can!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back