2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 10 sec. 1/4

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Good now I know not to worry if I run across one on the street lol

Mehhh! I'd still rather push a busted down old Chevy......couldn't give me one.....just sayin'.

Mehhh! I'd still rather push a busted down old Chevy......couldn't give me one.....just sayin'.

I used to feel the same way about Chrysler Corp vehicles. After several of my friends got Dodge Ram trucks and Durangos and being impressed with their ride, etc, I purchased a new 2006 Durango in 2006. It is now over 8 years old and I haven't even replaced a light bulb. Just oil and filter changes every 3000 miles. Have had to replace wiper blades several times though. It rides much quieter and better than the Mercury Mountaineer it replaced. I no longer rule out their products. In fact my friend with a Chevy pickup he purchased about the same time has had several problems including replacing a front wheel bearing that cost hundreds of dollars. (My memory may be wrong but I think he said over $900). Seems they designed it and the ABS into one assembly which has to be replaced if either goes bad.

We get a lot of exotics here in south FL. The new Porsche 918 is one to watch-out for on the road when riding your Gen II. It's very expensive, but so-are the other six-figure cars around here.

The 918 turned a 10.0 in a Road & Track test and has a top-end of well-past 200 mph. On my way past the local Porsche/AUDI/Ferrari dealer in Coral Gables by our home, I always check-out the stock. There are several used exotic dealers in that same couple of blocks, it's hard to see all those Aston-Martins, Bentleys, and Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Porsches sitting in the rain. :biglaugh: They had my favorite of the recent exotics, 'if I had the $$$$,' a Ford GT in the John Wyer Gulf Oil livery. That car can be tuned to put a Bugatti Veyron onto the trailer!

http://fancytuning.com/tag/ford-gt-tuning/

Good now I know not to worry if I run across one on the street lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 9
I'd drive one. I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a vehicle though. Maybe if I was a millionaire.

I've only owned 1 Chrysler product. It was a '05 pacifica. Bought in '07 with 24K miles. It was like new. One day my wife called me in a panic. She said she pulled in the driveway and it felt like she hit something. She said she heard scraping. She got out to look and said the frame is on the ground!

I went home to take a look, thinking she cannot be right. She was. The front sub-frame ripped right through the rubber mounts and fell to the ground.

I called the local Chrysler dealer about the problem. They were reluctant to fix it under warranty since I bought it used. The car had a 70K mile factory warranty IIRC. We went back and forth on it for awhile and they eventually agreed to cover the bill for the repair including towing.

It seems to me there should have been some metal washers at the end of the rubber for the bolt head to shoulder up against. I didn't see any on there. Hard to believe it lasted as long as it did.

Attachments

• DSC00358.JPG
    DSC00358.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00354.JPG
    DSC00354.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00355.JPG
    DSC00355.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00360.JPG
    DSC00360.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00361.JPG
    DSC00361.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00363.JPG
    DSC00363.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 20
I'd drive one. I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a vehicle though. Maybe if I was a millionaire.

I've only owned 1 Chrysler product. It was a '05 pacifica. Bought in '07 with 24K miles. It was like new. One day my wife called me in a panic. She said she pulled in the driveway and it felt like she hit something. She said she heard scraping. She got out to look and said the frame is on the ground!

I went home to take a look, thinking she cannot be right. She was. The front sub-frame ripped right through the rubber mounts and fell to the ground.

I called the local Chrysler dealer about the problem. They were reluctant to fix it under warranty since I bought it used. The car had a 70K mile factory warranty IIRC. We went back and forth on it for awhile and they eventually agreed to cover the bill for the repair including towing.

It seems to me there should have been some metal washers at the end of the rubber for the bolt head to shoulder up against. I didn't see any on there. Hard to believe it lasted as long as it did.
Damn! Just glad she wasn't on the interstate when that happened,Could have been much worse.I used to be a mopar nut,Had 440s for end tables,Back up engines for my 6 pac gtx.First wife didn't much like em though.What happend to your wife was a helluva safety issue,Glad it was in the driveway.

I would buy one...of course I'd have to have the money first. It would look good in the driveway next to the 66 Dodge Coronet, and 05 Dodge Ram.

I just don't understand why the American car manufacturers are so reluctant to use power adders and better machining to turn out huge horsepower. You can see this happening everywhere around the world but in N. America. 6.4l v12s turning 730 hp in the new Ferrari, 3.8l v8s pushing 500+ hp in Porsches, Pagani, Lexus and the like. Yet we have to put up with 6.2l v8s and 6.7l v8s barely touching 500hp (hellcat not withstanding). I scratch my head at this knowing that it is Dodge, Chevy and Ford producing some of these motors just under different brands in the European markets. The same argument can be said about Diesel engines as well. I have spent many years stationed in Europe over the years and when on the Autobahn, you can see the under 2 litre vw and ford cars smoking the mustang gt and other so called muscle cars all day long.
Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard gear head that loves hp and speed. I've just realized that I don't have to stick to the big litre dis placement v8 to get it. I've owned a 78 TA, 78 Cameron that ran in the 11s, a 79 dodge ram with the 360 in it, 2 other Rams, f150s and many other vehicles in my time. I still want big horse power in everything I own but just looking to newer technology and better craftsmanship for it.
My current drag car is in storage until I return but it is a 10.5 sec 1/4 honda civic that dynod at 400hp at the front wheels. I do not judge anyone for what the ride on or drive in, I would just like to see our car companies putting a little more effort in their machining and design work.
I would love to own a hellcat if I could get one completely stripped of all the heavy, useless items like power windows, door locks, backup cameras and the like.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

You know there is already some one out there that is gonna have it faster as soon as they get it. A 250 shot might just do you in

So maybe he has NOS and I lose , that's ok it's better to have raced and lost then to never have raced at all .

So maybe he has NOS and I lose , that's ok it's better to have raced and lost then to never have raced at all .
I agree just better be on your game with some of these new cars if they leave the light first were toast. I keep watching this kid at the track down here in a im guessing about a 2007 cadillac. Every time I see him he gets faster last time I was there which was about a year ago he was running 11.1 in street trim which impressed me & would catch some people off guard on the street

Its not often I street race , but if / when I do , I ain't playin hopefully I ain't spinin either. that's the trouble with streets , some hook some don't

I'm watching the movie Vanishing Point right now, they should do a remake w/the Hellcat.

I'm watching the movie Vanishing Point right now, they should do a remake w/the Hellcat.

Now that is a classic. Saw it when it was released in 71. Wasn't ready for the ending though....

Trust me, I've already been lookin and talkin at the dealer and on line.
Pricing that I was quoted is in the $70,000 range.

Been thinkin of selling everything I own except the house to buy one of these Hellcats. You only Live Once............

Last edited:
Xbox, wonder if we can get a discount on 2 copies..:rofl_200: Need color options...:ummm:

Latest posts

Back