2015 Indian

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
These are coming to NZ later this year( Indian Scout). I could understand that some won't like them BUT to be honest I actually like it...

2015-Scout-red1.jpg

I saw a pic of a blacked out version - very nice bike. Affordable too.

I dig it.
I'm a fan of liquid cooled personally.
Not like some of the ole' smokey drippy.."other brand".. ;)

The only thing that seems "off", (IMO), is that greyish looking bit just below the seat..looks a little too boxy , or something.Is it a plastic cover or suttin I wonder?. and that rear "side reflector" seems like an after thought, it should go. (maybe that's why they just put it there, knowing people will ditch it. :)

JMO

You know I have to admit, someone posted this in another thread and I can't really say why, but I REALLY like it a lot... It's a "I'm gonna test ride that and if I dig it I'm going to buy it" kind of like.

But I called our local Indian dealer and right now they're not sure if they're going to have any initially to test because they're already getting deposits on the ones they got coming in and they might already be sold. Sort of sounds like salesman bullshit to get someone to commit, but it looks like it's gonna be a hot bike. My local Indian dealer expects them in at end of August.

Normally cruisers don't really do much for me, but I really dig this thing. The initial reviews have been very positive also.

V twin with liquid cooling, a 9000rpm redline, and 100hp right out of the box. Bet it's no slouch....30hp over a sportster 1200.

If I was in the market for a cruiser, this would be it.

Welcome back RaWarrior, how is your new ride doing?

I am interested to see if they decide to do a standard type for the Scout.

Normally cruisers don't really do much for me, but I really dig this thing. The initial reviews have been very positive also.

V twin with liquid cooling, a 9000rpm redline, and 100hp right out of the box. Bet it's no slouch....30hp over a sportster 1200.

If I was in the market for a cruiser, this would be it.

I want an old school sprung seat and a better exhaust design. All aftermarket parts that will be out shortly I'm sure.

The rear fender reflector looks like shit, a curved piece would have been nicer but that's incidental. Nice looking bike and a very reasonable price. Decent horsepower and a very good power to weight ratio. Should also be able to handle the occasional traffic jam with the cooled engine which is something that my local "agricultural" Harley riding compatriots shy away from. 20+k large and a Harley can't manage a slow traffic day without blowing a gasket ? WTF are they making and why do people buy them ?

Chris.

Test rode one not too long ago at Iron Pony for Indian's demo day. It was an awesome experience. the bike has git up and go all through the rev range. seriously considering getting one. 3.3 gallon tank meh but at reported 42 mpg it's about the same as the max. only thing that bothered me was maneuvering with those forward controls. but there are factory mid sets offered.

If a sack of gold fell out of the sky and my dreams were to come to fruition I would buy a new Roadmaster in Australia, New to the continent unlike in America where in time everyone will have an Indian, just kinda takes the novelty away. Bad enough the Harley indoctrination if you don't be of the herd you are in the slaughter house. I say that because I'm planning on moving to Oz this year, have to buy one there.
I like the bike, by all accounts Polarised Is doing it right, would b e REALLY nice I f they brought back the 4 cylinder, I have v twin bikes but for long distance touring I like 4-6 cylinders.

Latest posts

Back