2016-2018 Help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drum Dog

Reaction score
I currently have a 88 vmax but thinking of a new gen 2.
I have found a 2016, a few 2017 and of course there are 2018.
Other than color is there any difference in these years.
Will there be a 2019?
Also all thoughts on the Gen 2 vmax would be welcome.

Thanks

2009 through 2018 are the same. Nine great years.

No idea on the 2019.....but why wait anyway? You're just missing all the fun!

Thanks for the reply.
The 2019 question was mainly for color and curiosity.

Thanks for the reply.
The 2019 question was mainly for color and curiosity.

I haven't heard or read of any 19s being built. 18 is the last year of the second gen v Max, you can say thanks to the European emissions, and they partially blame it on low sales numbers. I picked up a new 18 in April. They will be selling the 18 until the are gone. They did say assembly will stop August of 17, my 18 has a production date of 2/18 ......... So are they really done building them??

I talked to a yamaha rep 2 weeks ago when the Yamaha Demo truck came around. Of course, no Vmax was on the truck. When I asked about the 2018 being the last year, he said that they would not know for certain until the end of October. He said that is when they make their last introduction of bikes for the next year. If it is not on that list, it would not be available.
When I asked why no Vmax on the demo truck in the past 2 years, he said that although they don't make many, they sells are good. He said that if sells are where they want it to be, then that particular bike doesn't make the demo truck list.

I talked to a yamaha rep 2 weeks ago when the Yamaha Demo truck came around. Of course, no Vmax was on the truck. When I asked about the 2018 being the last year, he said that they would not know for certain until the end of October. He said that is when they make their last introduction of bikes for the next year. If it is not on that list, it would not be available.
When I asked why no Vmax on the demo truck in the past 2 years, he said that although they don't make many, they sells are good. He said that if sells are where they want it to be, then that particular bike doesn't make the demo truck list.

A local dealer told me they won't know until November just like your rep said.

There is some great info on this site also http://www.starvmax.com/forum, I had an 09 loved it, I will have another one I hope in the near future, You can find some great deals on a lot of them right now, no matter the color they are all awesome.

A local dealer told me they won't know until November just like your rep said.

Well, the verdict is out. There will be a 2019 Vmax. It is the same color as the 2018. So if you are able to find a 2018, they may make a deal. Good Luck.

Back