2nd Gen VMAX 2019 Black VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, once he gets used to that R1 you'll never touch it in the turns. Obviously it's two different bikes and the max is made for straight lines. How bad do you get him in the first half mile to mile?

Three HD riders were checking out my max outside a food stop and I said something like don’t be hatin on my jap bike and one of them said, “no man, I’ve always wanted one of these and you just never see them.” We chatted a bit, and I left in trail of rubber just because.

Every time I think I want something else I realize that this is a once in a lifetime ride and I will only get something else when I save more for something else because I’m not getting rid of this bike.

I don’t see how this bike is heavy. All the weight is down low and very manageable. My kid has an R1, yeah that’s what I call super light, and he passes me after 150mph. Pisses him off, makes me laugh. I can outrun him in the curves but that’s age and experience. He’ll get me one day.
You out run him in the curves?
I would have thought the R1 would be much better there and you would win the straight sections.

You out run him in the curves?
I would have thought the R1 would be much better there and you would win the straight sections.
He only been riding 3 years, he started when he was 18. I’ve been riding since I was 5. I know how to crash and know crashing sucks. All my crashes involved dirt bikes and three wheelers. He promised mama he wouldn’t kill himself and he knows and stays in his limits. My limits are much further out to the point of “one of these days.”

Yes, once he gets used to that R1 you'll never touch it in the turns. Obviously it's two different bikes and the max is made for straight lines. How bad do you get him in the first half mile to mile?
He don’t have a chance off the line or for the first 1/4-1/2 mile, the fastest I can get my max is 161, and that R1 I’ve had it to 170ish at 200lbs, he weighs 150, so idk how fast it goes with him on it, but he does zoom by after a bit.

Thats kinda what I expected you'd say. But I was curious if it was for sure or not.

170 on two wheels is extremely crazy man be safe cause at that speed you won't survive. Trust me we all go alot faster then we probably should but the fastest I've ever been on my buddies gixer 1000 is 150ish and that was freaking flying.

Hello from Vancouver, Canada
My respect to the community!
My name is Max and I have long wanted to buy a VMax of the second generation and decided on this now, when it became clear that there would be no more such motorcycles and when the opportunity arose to buy one of the latest new VMaxes from the dealer, I did so. Before that I rode TDM850, ZX9R, R1, GSX1000R, CBR1000RR, SB1300, SB1000R and other bikes...
So I bought a brand new 2019 VMax 1700 last Friday and rode it 750km over the weekend...
I own a VMax now!... These are special experiences. After liter sportbikes, this is the Real Big Power Cruiser!

P.S. Sorry for a lot of photos, but I did not find the option to create albums. Maybe if there is one, please tell me.
First congratulations for 2019 max my story is similar to you I am in Sacramento California and bought 2019 max with 7300 miles on it since no dealership had new one and if I order one from outside California it has to be at least 7500 miles on it go figure California anyway I found this in Simi Vally it took 28 years for my wife to say yes the second time to buy my first motorcycle I did put the back rest and windshield and clear clutch cover and v max cover just had a code 12 issue with bike stalling but Yamaha put pickup coil and stator since it’s under warranty and I am very happy now it’s a freight train with jet engine on it that’s what I say with love to v max and we are lucky to be part of history enjoy and god bless you and your family thanks

170 on two wheels is extremely crazy man be safe cause at that speed you won't survive. Trust me we all go alot faster then we probably should but the fastest I've ever been on my buddies gixer 1000 is 150ish and that was freaking flying.
Oh yeah, I know! I had my FJR hit 155ish with the bags on (empty) and I swear that thing tried to take off. Took the bags off and tried again, straight as an arrow, topped out around 170 something. Man I miss that bike. Ordered it in 2006, put 25k on in the first summer.

I've heard they are heavy like a tank but once your on it it's an awesome ride and you don't notice the weight and size as much until you stop. I'd love to ride one I got my name on a list in pretty much every dealership around my area that if they get one (obviously now it will be a used one) to call me. I'm not sure I'd buy it not that I have anything against it but I have two bikes now but I'd love to ride one
I also had to part with CB1000R I bought last year and I put my ideas and money into it. But as two bikes are time consuming so I opted for the VMax

Attachments

• IMG-5903.jpg
    IMG-5903.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-5970.jpg
    IMG-5970.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 10
First congratulations for 2019 max my story is similar to you I am in Sacramento California and bought 2019 max with 7300 miles on it since no dealership had new one and if I order one from outside California it has to be at least 7500 miles on it go figure California anyway I found this in Simi Vally it took 28 years for my wife to say yes the second time to buy my first motorcycle I did put the back rest and windshield and clear clutch cover and v max cover just had a code 12 issue with bike stalling but Yamaha put pickup coil and stator since it’s under warranty and I am very happy now it’s a freight train with jet engine on it that’s what I say with love to v max and we are lucky to be part of history enjoy and god bless you and your family thanks
Thanks man! I think 7300 miles on your 2019 VMax is a new bike too 👌 and a jet-powered freight train 🚀 sounds damn cool!

I don’t see how this bike is heavy. All the weight is down low and very manageable. My kid has an R1, yeah that’s what I call super light, and he passes me after 150mph. Pisses him off, makes me laugh. I can outrun him in the curves but that’s age and experience. He’ll get me one day.
💯 👍

Hello from Vancouver, Canada
My respect to the community!
My name is Max and I have long wanted to buy a VMax of the second generation and decided on this now, when it became clear that there would be no more such motorcycles and when the opportunity arose to buy one of the latest new VMaxes from the dealer, I did so. Before that I rode TDM850, ZX9R, R1, GSX1000R, CBR1000RR, SB1300, SB1000R and other bikes...
So I bought a brand new 2019 VMax 1700 last Friday and rode it 750km over the weekend...
I own a VMax now!... These are special experiences. After liter sportbikes, this is the Real Big Power Cruiser!

P.S. Sorry for a lot of photos, but I did not find the option to create albums. Maybe if there is one, please tell me.

I‘m lookink at your pics of the black vmax I can't get enough of them, there could be a thousand more. the black vmax just looks awesome, totally powerful and super understement. unfortunately you could only get very few black copies in germany. and making a normal black in all parts is extremely expensive and time-consuming. on the other hand, i also like the other version, with the brushed aluminum air scoops and the many details that contrast in color. It looks elegant and at the same time incredibly sporty. I would love to have a black one and a "normal" one! carsten

Attachments

• B5B60294-A55A-4047-867C-AB33B4F11EEC.jpeg
    B5B60294-A55A-4047-867C-AB33B4F11EEC.jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 13
Finding a gen 2 vmax or hell even seeing a gen 1 or 2 around where I live is like finding a needle in a hay stack.
You are right josh I live in Sacramento California and was asking if anybody own gen 2 in the area or even in northern California but till now seems like I am lone wolf I own 2019 max black and believe me thare is nothing like it I call it freight train with jet engine on it with love god bless

I‘m lookink at your pics of the black vmax I can't get enough of them, there could be a thousand more. the black vmax just looks awesome, totally powerful and super understement. unfortunately you could only get very few black copies in germany. and making a normal black in all parts is extremely expensive and time-consuming. on the other hand, i also like the other version, with the brushed aluminum air scoops and the many details that contrast in color. It looks elegant and at the same time incredibly sporty. I would love to have a black one and a "normal" one! carsten
Thanks, I also like the completely black VMax, I was looking for just that. I like to take pictures of my bikes and cars, but unfortunately I didn't find the option to create photo albums here.

Attachments

• unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    371 KB · Views: 18
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    328 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back