2019 is out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping for this color with some gold chrome like the midnight specials of the 80's.
I may be ordering one soon but not in to big a hurry with the recent snow around here.

I thought this was discontinued....

LOL..... I've heard that 5 years in a row now. Fake News!

It is no longer available in Europe though.....that is true. Couldn't meet the new emissions standards

Yeah, i am in Europe. F*ck those rules. Uptight assh*les over here. Theire shit talking dumps more polution than a motorcycle

The '19 is the same color and specs as the '18 just like the '06 and '07 are the same. A last year of production indicator?

Attachments

• IMG_20180413_183959557.jpg
    IMG_20180413_183959557.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20180413_183945117.jpg
    IMG_20180413_183945117.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20180413_183916757_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180413_183916757_HDR.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 67
It looks much better in person, you get the full perspective that a pic just doesn't do. Find a dealer with one on the floor, and take a peek. But personally I think they look better with the boulevard and back rest.

Thanks for the pics. I did find one and went and looked at it Saturday. I agree better in person. I made a offer on it and they countered and I declined. I'm not done yet I have another offer for them and I'm hoping since it snowed yesterday and is only 22 degrees out right now it will help them decide to let it go so they don't have to sit on it all winter. If that don't work I have a local dealer that I might be able to work with on a 2019.
I'm curious what you paid for yours if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks for the pics. I did find one and went and looked at it Saturday. I agree better in person. I made a offer on it and they countered and I declined. I'm not done yet I have another offer for them and I'm hoping since it snowed yesterday and is only 22 degrees out right now it will help them decide to let it go so they don't have to sit on it all winter. If that don't work I have a local dealer that I might be able to work with on a 2019.
I'm curious what you paid for yours if you don't mind sharing.

I did everything online, I really should have talked to a salesman in person, but working 70 to 80 hours a week 6 days a week. And I don't think would have budged on price, they had to order it. $22,64x.xx I don't recall the full figure, before the $4k down payment. But my accessories were just shy of $1k. That I paid separate. I could have gotten a used one for half that, but I like the look of the 18. If I blacked out a different year 2nd gen I'd prolly still have a $20k bike lol. It's a bull, but I like it better than the 97 i had. I felt big on the 1st gen. I feel right at home on this one. Very comfy ride, smooth. After a couple thousand miles it gets better. Everything starts settling in nicely. The fuel injection is worth it. The ycci doesn't hit like the vboost on the first gen, but you still want to hold on lol. Gas mileage is like the others. Crappy if you ride it hard, not to bad if your easy. Best I got before low fuel light was 86 miles. Worst was 65 lol. And just a heads up, if you get one. Just be ready for people stare with a blank look, they don't know what it is 90 percent of the time, lol. I had a lady roll her eyes while she was snugged in her Mercedes lol. She saw my taillight disappear. I hung with her after the light turned green, I hit 2nd and waved, lol. Never seen her again.:ummm: it's truly an amazing machine. I'm glad I made the purchase. I wish you luck, maybe you'll find a used 18 for sale. I just wanted a new one, being my first"NEW" bike, and prolly my last lol. I'll buy used after this.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I enjoy reading others thoughts on it since I haven't even ridden one. My 88 gen 1 is fun but I hate the front brakes and it feels unstable in the twistys if you start to ride it hard. I just assume the gen 2 is better all around and I agree I like the fuel injection.
I just don't care for carbs any more.

Compared to the gen 1, it's a whole lot better. The brakes and suspension are huge upgrades. Unless your a true gen 1 die hard and spend money to upgrade it, your better off buying a 2nd gen. Night and day. I had my 97 for 5 years, but I could never get myself to drag the foot pegs. I didn't even have my 18 a week and I was dragging the pegs lol. My first ever bike was a 78 Goldwing, so I can only compared to that as far handling and braking goes, besides my 97 vmax. But this 18 is far superior in every way. A gas gauge, and 2 trips, gear indicator are excellent upgrades. My Goldwing didn't have 2 trips, or the gear indicator. The rear brake is by far stronger, no problem at all activating the abs, it's very touchy, but easy to adjust to using it. Front brakes are excellent, 6 pot callipers have no problem stopping the beast. The slipper clutch is great, but I still rev match lol. The fully adjustable suspension is great, the shift Bobble and shaft Jack in corners is more stable than the 1st gen. I always got squimish in corners when shifting on the 1st gen. But I can't say how the suspension holds up after it's older, the gen 1 got squishy with age. The seat is wide, I have a 32" inseam 210lbs. 5'11" and I can't touch flat foot. I even dropped the front down an inch in the triple trees. Just has a wide seat, but comfy. Overall I'm glad I bought it, only down side is the payment lol. But it's fun spanking these Camaros, mustangs, chargers, and challengers, And other bikes. But like I said, allot people are gonna stare trying to figure out what your riding lol. It's funny to see their face in the mirror, or just glancing left or right and they have no expression, with a blank stare lol. Rubber necking when you pass slowly on an expressway. It never gets old.

Your doing a good job of selling me on it not that I need it. I'm 90% sure I will get one but Im taking my time. I lost my Dad in March and My Mom in September. I'm settling the small estate of theres with my brother and 3 sisters. I'm thinking I will get one as a tribute bike to my parents and have something painted on the bike saying so. They taught me to enjoy life and live it to the fullest. I made a offer on a new 2018 last Saturday but we are still $1300.00 off of each other. Winter is coming soon here so I'm not in a hurry but knowing myself I will be a proud owner before spring. Thanks for your thoughts .

Your doing a good job of selling me on it not that I need it. I'm 90% sure I will get one but Im taking my time. I lost my Dad in March and My Mom in September. I'm settling the small estate of theres with my brother and 3 sisters. I'm thinking I will get one as a tribute bike to my parents and have something painted on the bike saying so. They taught me to enjoy life and live it to the fullest. I made a offer on a new 2018 last Saturday but we are still $1300.00 off of each other. Winter is coming soon here so I'm not in a hurry but knowing myself I will be a proud owner before spring. Thanks for your thoughts .

Sorry to hear about your parents, my deepest condolences. My wife lost her dad 3 years ago to a severe form of dementia, less than 3 months. She had to settle his estate with her brother, and two half siblings that had absolutely nothing to do with the man. They haven't seen him in 40 years, but wanted all his money. Sadly he didn't have a will, so they got a fourth of everything he had. Crap chute but nobody argued about anything, so it went pretty smooth. You could wait till spring, they might take your offer, as the weather warms. Do you have another dealer close by? Offer them the same thing, start playing them against each other. But you have time still, I don't think they are moving that fast. The dealer I got mine from said they haven't seen one in over a year lol. But they did give me the extended 5 year warranty at no extra cost, everybody I asked on the Star v Max forum said I didn't need it waste of money they said, but I got it. be dumb not to if they offered it up without adding cost. Maybe go in every couple of weeks and talk to the same salesman but turn down their offer until they take yours lol. Or go to a bank and see if you can get approved for a loan, and then tell the salesman you can do so much, and buy it outright on cash, or check. If they take the offer, then go to the bank, sign the papers and go back the next day with a check, lol. I'd hang till after the holidays and see what they take. No rush, winter is on its way.I wish you luck with your parents estate, and keep updated on what you decide to do.

Sorry to hear about your parents, my deepest condolences. My wife lost her dad 3 years ago to a severe form of dementia, less than 3 months. She had to settle his estate with her brother, and two half siblings that had absolutely nothing to do with the man. They haven't seen him in 40 years, but wanted all his money. Sadly he didn't have a will, so they got a fourth of everything he had. Crap chute but nobody argued about anything, so it went pretty smooth. You could wait till spring, they might take your offer, as the weather warms. Do you have another dealer close by? Offer them the same thing, start playing them against each other. But you have time still, I don't think they are moving that fast. The dealer I got mine from said they haven't seen one in over a year lol. But they did give me the extended 5 year warranty at no extra cost, everybody I asked on the Star v Max forum said I didn't need it waste of money they said, but I got it. be dumb not to if they offered it up without adding cost. Maybe go in every couple of weeks and talk to the same salesman but turn down their offer until they take yours lol. Or go to a bank and see if you can get approved for a loan, and then tell the salesman you can do so much, and buy it outright on cash, or check. If they take the offer, then go to the bank, sign the papers and go back the next day with a check, lol. I'd hang till after the holidays and see what they take. No rush, winter is on its way.I wish you luck with your parents estate, and keep updated on what you decide to do.

Thanks for the condolences. Luckley my siblings all are close and have been close to my parents. so far no bickering and I don't expect any so I think we are blessed there.

I have talked to 4 different dealers. One about 3 miles away, 2 about 60 miles away and one 1053 miles away. I have a cash price from one of the 60 mile away dealers that I can live with. The one that is 3 miles away I will talk to in the morning. My guy there has been on vacation and is now back. I am hoping I can do better when including my trade. I have 2014 Can Am Renegade 800 R i would like to trade in. If the trade won't work I will do a cash buy and sell or consign later. I also have my 88 Vmax I may sell.

I sold my 97 so I could use that money for a down payment. It was bitter Sweet. Had 24,000 miles, a 4 to 1, engine guards, dd clutch mod, I converted it to the gp shift. I bought it in April of 13 for $2,500 with 11,000 miles, sat for 2 years, but ran leaked out of the left rear carb. Why the PO parked it, didn't have time to work on it. He fired it up, had some trash in float bowl. Easy fix, and allot of sea foam later I had it going down the road. Put on a new set tires, changed the oil and it was an excellent runner, never had any problems. Sold it April of this year, and got my 18. Got $3,500 for it, it was turn key ready to go. Sold my 96 parts bike for $500. I was gonna part that one, but didn't have room for it to be in pieces. It was bitter Sweet selling my gen 1, but I'm glad I did. Guy that bought it, had one just like it years ago. Paid cash, asked the common questions, he was happy. He talked like he was gonna make it a stock bike again. I do miss it, but I can't ride two bikes. It's like having more than one car, takes 20 minutes to decide which one you want to drive, get 2 miles down the road, come back and get the other one lol.

I talked to a dealership about 60 miles away (closest Vmax I could find). They were going to let me get it for $16,500 out the door. I didn't think it was that bad. But I am currently looking at a used 2010 that has been kept in imaculate condition. Hoping to pick it up in the next 2 weeks. I already bought my first mod for it. A 240 wide wheel kit. The M109 spoiled me, and I just love the wide rear.

Back