2020 VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garydalton

Reaction score
3 consecutive years same color ,at least it's not discontinued, FOR NOW.

Glad to hear this for sure. Hope to get one sooner than later. Thought i was gonna have to settle for a used one. There's still hope!!

I haven't heard anything about any changes......... Except that they will discontinue it due to low sales, and it's too expensive for R&D to meet the Euro 4 emissions, what I heard on the star forum before it went down. It's not looking good though, 3 years all the same color?? Very unusual, as they have been changing colors every year. But if you spent all the money for parts, might as well use them up and assemble and sell until parts are gone. Could be a publicity stunt to up sales.......... But why keep the same color for 3 consecutive years???

No changes for 2020. It on the Yamaha website. I believe the carbon fiber gen 1 had a couple a few year run. I'd be interested in seeing the US sales numbers year by year.

I haven't heard anything about any changes......... Except that they will discontinue it due to low sales, and it's too expensive for R&D to meet the Euro 4 emissions, what I heard on the star forum before it went down. It's not looking good though, 3 years all the same color?? Very unusual, as they have been changing colors every year. But if you spent all the money for parts, might as well use them up and assemble and sell until parts are gone. Could be a publicity stunt to up sales.......... But why keep the same color for 3 consecutive years???

The murdered out black seems to be very popular..... that's probably why they're sticking with it.

I've never been a fan of 0 contrast paint schemes but I like the Gen 2 example. It looks badass.

The murdered out black seems to be very popular..... that's probably why they're sticking with it.

I've never been a fan of 0 contrast paint schemes but I like the Gen 2 example. It looks badass.

I'm gonna break it up on my 18 with some neon green, or plum crazy or both.

Yamaha is famous for not changing or updating some of their models for years, nobody should be surprised. I've been riding ATV's for years. The Banshee and Raptor models are great examples of no changes for years and years other than color.

Yamaha is famous for not changing or updating some of their models for years, nobody should be surprised. I've been riding ATV's for years. The Banshee and Raptor models are great examples of no changes for years and years other than color.
Maybe they live by the old motto, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm at that crossroad again, really want a street glide, but can't seem to part with my vmax, it seems like a good idea, stereo , bags, but as soon as start it hear that v4, my mind changes a bit, then as soon as i hit the throttle , it hits me .THIS IS A BAD ASS MACHINE, I'M KEEPING IT

I'm at that crossroad again, really want a street glide, but can't seem to part with my vmax, it seems like a good idea, stereo , bags, but as soon as start it hear that v4, my mind changes a bit, then as soon as i hit the throttle , it hits me .THIS IS A BAD ASS MACHINE, I'M KEEPING IT

I got both on my v max. Got the Sena comms. Unit so I can talk to the wife while we ride, or I can turn on the fm radio, or Bluetooth music through my phone right in my helmet, and I got a small tail bag to carry sh............tuff. got a ram Mount on the bars to hold the phone, and a USB charging port on the left bar, plugs in where the tender does just unplug it to plug in the tender but it's up by the headlight just behind the boulevard screen. Takes seconds to unhook it all if it starts to rain, and the USB port has a waterproof cover.

I've owned four Harleys over the years, the last was a built to the hilt 13 Streetbob. I unloaded it to get my 18' VMax. Harley is about one thing and one thing only... selling the H-D name. They don't give a shit about their bikes anymore. Look how they tout that new Milwaukee Eight 114 cubic inch engine. Makes a heart pounding 82/86 RWHP on the dyno.... Everything about Harley is 3 times more money. A friggin' oil change at the local stealership is a whopping $ 175.00... for a FRIGGIN' OIL CHANGE.... Buddy of mine bought a brand new 14' Street Glide. It spent 12 of the 16 months he had it in the damn shop for repairs. Traded it on a 16' Road Glide. Kept having parts falling off of it, not to mention that their nuts and bolts will oxidize to a beautiful shade of battery terminal post gray no matter where or how you keep it. Happened with my StreetBob and I kept that in my living room... If I won a new Harley, I'd sell that POS without ever even sitting on it.

Yeah , im over it, I did go look at a few, wow how damn expensive they are , no technology , or horsepower, not to mention $450.00 charge for service( fluid changes)its no wonder harley isnt doing so well, throwing a 210 on the max, that should give a more aggressive look, hopefully it will not affect the handling , be safe out there

Yeah , im over it, I did go look at a few, wow how damn expensive they are , no technology , or horsepower, not to mention $450.00 charge for service( fluid changes)its no wonder harley isnt doing so well, throwing a 210 on the max, that should give a more aggressive look, hopefully it will not affect the handling , be safe out there

If it's not too late don't do the 210.... handling not good, and whoever has to mount it will curse you and possibly damage the rim.

Not too late, haven't ordered it yet , caught a screw in front tire, so am ordering both front and rear, actually , I was going to wider on both , thanks for the info, definitely don't want to damaged the wheel, if it will effect handling then hell no, it does really well in canyon twisties, thank you

Not too late, haven't ordered it yet , caught a screw in front tire, so am ordering both front and rear, actually , I was going to wider on both , thanks for the info, definitely don't want to damaged the wheel, if it will effect handling then hell no, it does really well in canyon twisties, thank you

It's a very difficult tire to mount because of the short profile and extra width.

The tire again because of the short profile, is pretty "square" shaped so the handling really suffers.

To me the best stock sized replacement tires are the Shinko Verge 011's. They are also fairly inexpensive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back