2020 year Harley Pan-America

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Who would have thought it? Looks pretty-interesting, and should bring a whole new group of riders to the brand, if they can avoid the stratospheric pricing.

There is supposed to be a range of displacements (500/750/975/1250 cc), among the new bikes, styled for adventure and road use.

I doubt it will be <$15K but I think that is a price-point they need to bring-in new riders.

This Pan-America ADV segment (pic #1) bike is 1250 cc.

The Streetfighter (pic #2) is 975 cc, both bikes are 60 degree liquid-cooled V-twins.

Looks like the Pan-America spoked wheels are like the BMW GS ADV bike wheels, coming-through the side of the rims, and allowing the use of tubeless tires, which I think is a big advantage.

If they can make the Pan-America 1250 cc bike 500 lbs fully-fueled and about 105 RWHP, I think they will be well-positioned.

Attachments

• H-D Pan-America 2020 year.jpg
    H-D Pan-America 2020 year.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 44
  • H-D Streetfighter 975 cc 2020 year.jpg
    H-D Streetfighter 975 cc 2020 year.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 46
The big adventure bikes (~1200cc) are popular atm but the smaller/ lighter ADV bikes (700-800cc) are becoming the go to bikes. The big bikes are heavy by nature which are designed for the long distance riders and they excel at that but the market is small. Most of the new riders are finding the smaller bike much easier to use, easier to pickup when it falls over, and most of these riders do not do the multi week trips.
So with that said Harley will have an uphill battle trying to get sales away from the BMW, KTM, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Ducati dealers that have been selling bikes that have been proven for many years. But like you said Phil, it will be interesting to see what they offer.

Back