240 rear tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd max

Reaction score
What’s the best handling 240 rear tire these days. I need new rubber this spring.

I just had my 4th Q3 mounted, balanced. I really like it. Since the majority of my riding is flat slab, the harder center (its a dual compound tire) helps with the mileage.

Q3 for traction the rest for smoke shows.

240 or 200? I have an ACC 240 on my 14 Raider & 200 on the VMax. Avon doesn't make a Cobra Chrome for the front on the Max.
HI DO KNOW IF I CAN THROW IN A 240 REAR TIRE ON MY 2020 VMAX REAR STOCK WHEEL?? JUST WONDERING. GUY

HI DO KNOW IF I CAN THROW IN A 240 REAR TIRE ON MY 2020 VMAX REAR STOCK WHEEL?? JUST WONDERING. GUY
240 won't go on VMax stock OEM rear wheel. From what I understand Yamaha did use to make them as a mod but no more. Sean Morley can make a rim that you can mount a 240 on. I believe using your stock rim. On the Raider the 240 will go on the stock rim.

I have the the 240 rear wheel not the 200. I was looking at the Shrinko 005 240 rear and the shrink 011 front.

Not sure about the 240 Shinko 005 rear but I have read on here and other places that the distribution centers are totally out of Shinko Verge 011 200 rear's at this point. Have not heard when they will be available. Don't know about the 005 rear or 011 front either???

Last edited:
I just had my 4th Q3 mounted, balanced. I really like it. Since the majority of my riding is flat slab, the harder center (its a dual compound tire) helps with the mileage.
I ran Q3's on my triumph speed triple, they were a great tire for commuting and for occasional jaunts through the twisties.

Made several calls today to some of my back burner online stores and everyone is OUT for now. Both said it would be toward the end of April before they will start getting some in but that doesn't even

240 won't go on VMax stock OEM rear wheel. From what I understand Yamaha did use to make them as a mod but no more. Sean Morley can make a rim that you can mount a 240 on. I believe using your stock rim. On the Raider the 240 will go on the stock rim.

Sean Morley I google it..and comes up as wwe wrestler.?? Do u have any contact info on him?? I would like to get a bigger tire on my bike..can u send me any info on this guy..thank you

Latest posts

Back