240 Wheel Clearance Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaXXX

Reaction score
I just watched a video that seemed to imply the swingarm inspection hole cover plate can't be used in conjunction with the 240 wheel kit. Surely that's not correct. Can one of you fat-tire guys confirm?
It is possible I'm misunderstanding what he's saying.

I'm almost positive that's the case and I think the OEM 240 kit came with a new cover with more clearance and lots of guys just seem to use a metallic-based tape to cover the inspection hole.

Appreciate it bud. There's my first conversion hiccup and I've not even started yet LOL.
No really digging on the tape fix. Wondering if that whiz-kid nephew of mine can whoop one up on his 3D printer 🤔
If OEM 240 kit covers exist, I'd welcome photos (permitted they can be shoehorned out between the swingarm and tire). Thanks for any efforts.

The OEM 240 kit did not include an alternative cover. Just a caution note for more frequent cleaning (basically each time you replace the tire). It needs all the clearance it can and some will rub the shaft. Not much to worry about. Plenty of them have run like that for tens of thousands of miles.
Also, you have to remove the rear diff in order to slip the wheel/tire into place (where the 200 you do not have to do that).

Thanks alot Sean. Finally found an old thread that addressed the same question. Same answer back then too, of course.
I'd actually written off the fat tire mod due to having to pop the pumpkin every tire swap.
That changed recently when a pal parked right next to me. His VRod sporting a 240 side-by-side with my 200 totin' VMax was some revelation.

Back