• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

$2900 obo 2005 Not mine, no one I know, bike in so. FL.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
2005 Yamaha V-Max 1200cc - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

2005 Anniversary Yamaha VMAX - New Tires - New upgraded Starter
Call or text Dennis 772-287-7700

Ed. : looks pretty-clean. Guess he already had the 'box 'o-rocks' starter fixed? Listed @ 41K mi. WARNING! Guess what aftermarket mufflers? It appears to have $$$ in chrome parts and other desirable accessories, like a wider than stock windscreen, chrome air scoops, maybe chrome valve covers, and the OEM luggage rack and sissybar. Seeing as how it's a late-model, even-with the 41K miles listed, if it doesn't have any second gear issues, this looks like a good starting-point for a prospective owner. And, it appears to have original paint, I'd ask for a pic of the 20th anniversary emblem w/the number on the gas tank, and a pic of the VIN to confirm. They should match.

VMax Port Salerno FL 2900 dollars.jpg

I can tell you right now something is up with it. The Yamaha tuning fork logos are missing from the air box cover. They should be on both sides.

The valve covers and side covers look factory 2005.

With those side tuning fork logos gone, you can almost bank the 25th anniversary logo isn't there either. That, frankly, makes the bike at the very high end of price range for just a 2004.

Still a nice looking bike.

I wouldn't have a problem paying that for it if in good running condition. I like the 05 paint. Rear rest sells for alot. Dump cobras and get Kerker and have fun on a good looking bike. Chrome scoops another 300. Sweet

Last edited:
I still wish somebody would make a good, performance 4 into 2 that looked like the Cobra slip-ons. They are, in my humble opinion, the best looking pipes on a Vmax bar none.

I still wish somebody would make a good, performance 4 into 2 that looked like the Cobra slip-ons. They are, in my humble opinion, the best looking pipes on a Vmax bar none.
I also agree on the looks and some are willing to sacrifice a few ponies for it.

I also agree on the looks and some are willing to sacrifice a few ponies for it.
In my experience, it's not "a few ponies," it's a very-noticeable amount of horsepower and throttle response. I've ridden two Cobra-equipped bikes and they lose things that you buy a VMax for, like powerband strength, breadth, and throttle responsiveness. Who wasn't thrilled the first times you got to experience VBoost and you went through the gears? Especially in the lower gears, where it's easy to power-wheelie.

However, some people don't want or need to use VBoost. If the Cobras give them the look they want, enjoy the ride.

I can tell you right now something is up with it. The Yamaha tuning fork logos are missing from the air box cover. They should be on both sides.

The valve covers and side covers look factory 2005.

With those side tuning fork logos gone, you can almost bank the 25th anniversary logo isn't there either. That, frankly, makes the bike at the very high end of price range for just a 2004.

Still a nice looking bike.
All very good observations!

In my experience, it's not "a few ponies," it's a very-noticeable amount of horsepower and throttle response. I've ridden two Cobra-equipped bikes and they lose things that you buy a VMax for, like powerband strength, breadth, and throttle responsiveness. Who wasn't thrilled the first times you got to experience VBoost and you went through the gears? Especially in the lower gears, where it's easy to power-wheelie.

However, some people don't want or need to use VBoost. If the Cobras give them the look they want, enjoy the ride.
Compared to the power of my first 1985 Vmax with stock everything, I have the Cobra pipes on my current 2005 VMax and have not experienced any noticeable loss of power. If you lose power it may be a carb issue.

Compared to the power of my first 1985 Vmax with stock everything, I have the Cobra pipes on my current 2005 VMax and have not experienced any noticeable loss of power. If you lose power it may be a carb issue.
There are many threads on here about the deleterious effects of the Cobra 4-into-4's. Yamaha's engineers knew what they were doing when they developed the VBoost and the resonator/dual megaphone exhaust. The scavenging provided by the OEM system is superior to the Cobra design, and no-amount of fiddle-farting with the Mikunis is magically going to re-gain the "I can feel it in the seat-of-my-pants" loss of horsepower. A stock VMax is usually good for ~110 RWHP. Magazine tests of the day, the highest dyno reading I ever-saw was 119 RWHP.

A Cobra 4-into-4 will be well-below 100 RWHP, on a stock engine, unless you have a wildly-optimistic dyno.

Plenty of people like the looks of the Cobras. Jon Cornell of UFO, who set all-sorts of records with his work on VMax'es, had a Quadzilla full system that resembles a Cobra somewhat but doesn't cost HP. Wear earplugs! I have his Dragstar 4-1 full system I'm currently running, and if I ever want to, a Quadzilla on the shelf.

I respect your knowledge and understand what you are saying. That being stated, the vboost I experience through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears still forces me back in the saddle!! Although standing 6'1" and weighing 240lbs I hardly expect or encourage my Max to pull wheelies. So all I'm saying is with the Cobra exhaust there's still more then enough power for an old man like me.

You're taller and heavier than me, I'm 220 and the bike will power wheelie in the lower gears for me. Maybe that's why I get 4k miles out of a premium rear tire.

The Cobra 4-into-4 does look good on the bike, especially to a non-rider, I believe, because they dominate the rear-half of the bike's silhouette. Like the C2 427 Corvette side exhaust, which is merely a cover for a traditional oval can, it dominates the appearance in a side-view. My friend's car, paint is about 12 y.o.

1967 Corvette Tri-Power.01.jpg

Back