2nd bike in the garage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
Snapchat-1037263279~2.jpg

2019 kawi Z650.... They took off 2Gs from msrp out the door. Paid cash. Had 1 mile on the odo. Went in for a front tire on the Max.... Came home with another garage filler haha. Fun little thing, very light compared to the max. Should do good in the mountains.... Running 70 in 6th still getting 47.5mpg.... and still only a 100 mile range o_O I was giving it the beans though. Should get a little better as the engine gets broken in. First chain drive, and also the smallest bike I've ever had.

That should be a lot of fun, and the price sounds great.

Smaller-displacement bikes are a good every-day ride. In urban areas I liked my KZ550 LTD and KZ750 LTD over my KZ1000, because they were so maneuverable, and you could crank 'er-on, full-throttle, or close-to it, to squirt around in traffic. There's a BMW R1100 for sale locally that is pretty-cheap, but I need another bike like I need a hole in the head. Those bikes are very comfortable, long-legged, the engine has a lot of torque (within about 10% of a H-D Big Twin Twin-Cam), great brakes (ABS), comfortable suspension (the novel and functional Telelever front end, and a single-sided swingarm) and they last a long time. This one is $2500!
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/d/miami-beach-2004-bmw-r1150r-abs-breaks/7134739445.html

A parallel-twin is what I first had for a streetbike and trail-rider, a 305 Scrambler. That was almost 50 years-ago. The Suzuki SV 650 twin has a big following. These bikes are relatively inexpensive and cheap to operate, and loads of fun. At the beginning of the COVID 19 crisis, I was at the supermarket, and a guy pulled in on a H-D 750 twin, he had >40K miles on it, and he said all he did was change the oil and add gas. He was an older guy and as he was wearing an Isle of Man t-shirt, I suspect the bike was getting used enthusiastically.

My how times have changed. It used to-be, a 250 cc bike was what a lot of riders aspired-to, and a 500 cc bike was only for after you had some time in riding. A 650 cc bike was a 'big-one,' and anything like a 750 or an 883 cc, well, you're obviously a very-experienced rider. Twins were the top of the market, and did you hear, Triumph and BSA are releasing three-cylinder 750's! The biggest Honda was a torsion valve spring 450 cc DOHC, it was so-fast, the British racing association outlawed them from competition! Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki only-made two-strokes, except for that WSS-650 parallel-twin Kawasaki that looked-like a Royal Enfield.

BMW R1150R 2004.jpg

Last edited:
That should be a lot of fun, and the price sounds great.

Smaller-displacement bikes are a good every-day ride. In urban areas I liked my KZ550 LTD and KZ750 LTD over my KZ1000, because they were so maneuverable, and you could crank 'er-on, full-throttle, or close-to it, to squirt around in traffic. There's a BMW R1100 for sale locally that is pretty-cheap, but I need another bike like I need a hole in the head. Those bikes are very comfortable, long-legged, the engine has a lot of torque (within about 10% of a H-D Big Twin Twin-Cam), great brakes (ABS), comfortable suspension (the novel and functional Telelever front end, and a single-sided swingarm) and they last a long time. This one is $2500!
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/d/miami-beach-2004-bmw-r1150r-abs-breaks/7134739445.html

A parallel-twin is what I first had for a streetbike and trail-rider, a 305 Scrambler. That was almost 50 years-ago. The Suzuki SV 650 twin has a big following. These bikes are relatively inexpensive and cheap to operate, and loads of fun. At the beginning of the COVID 19 crisis, I was at the supermarket, and a guy pulled in on a H-D 750 twin, he had >40K miles on it, and he said all he did was change the oil and add gas. He was an older guy and as he was wearing an Isle of Man t-shirt, I suspect the bike was getting used enthusiastically.

My how times have changed. It used to-be, a 250 cc bike was what a lot of riders aspired-to, and a 500 cc bike was only for after you had some time in riding. A 650 cc bike was a 'big-one,' and anything like a 750 or an 883 cc, well, you're obviously a very-experienced rider. Twins were the top of the market, and did you hear, Triumph and BSA are releasing three-cylinder 750's! The biggest Honda was a torsion valve spring 450 cc DOHC, it was so-fast, the British racing association outlawed them from competition! Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki only-made two-strokes, except for that WSS-650 parallel-twin Kawasaki that looked-like a Royal Enfield.

View attachment 71921

I've been after another bike for awhile, and really unsure of what I wanted. I'm not a sport bike fan by any means, but I do like the looks of the naked ones, and the upright seating position.
This thing is a blast, it's torquey for what it is nothing like the Max of course lol. I was twisting the throttle and shifting gears and told myself to slow down, it'll be embarrassing to get a speeding ticket on a 650 when I got the 1700 behemoth in the garage lol.... So I looked at the speedo and I was only running 60.... Lol. It's not what I was really after, I wanted the Suzuki gsx s750r it's an inline 4. Same engine they used in the 2005 gsxr750. But I'm not gonna complain for the price. I'll ride it, and put some miles on it. They had a concourse I was looking at also used but in nice shape. Won't be doing allot of modding on this, prolly keep it stick mostly. Bar end mirrors are a must, and a tank bag as well. I've got Zeus if I want to go fast. My dad had a 82 kawi 305 Ltd parallel twin air cooled that I learned to ride on. I got his 78 Goldwing when I was getting my license, actually took my road test on it. I remember when Honda released the 1500 Valkyrie in 96 I believe, it was the talk. And also a big bike for the time. It's just a matter of time and 2 liter bikes are gonna be running around the streets. The new rocket 3 is already over a 2 liter. Honda has the 1800 Goldwing horizontally opposed 6. Our beloved Vmax at 1700, the Yamaha raven at 1900.... An inline 4, 2-liter is achievable. I'm very surprised Honda hasn't done it yet with the Goldwing.

That's beautiful looking bmw, I'd almost snatch that up for $2,500. With the bags, and trunk. Great for a long ride. Take your time in the mountains, stop at the pull offs, and get some pics. And continue on.

<sigh>. You make me nostalgic for days of yore, FM. Since moving from dirt to street as a kid, the SMALLEST bikes I have had over the last 40 years were the "big" British twins during that phase of my life (650s).

Nowadays, I have a bunch of motorcycles and am grateful. But, combined, they might be worth what lots of folks pay for one fancy, new Honsuzkawahaglide. And I get to choose a mount for the day.

Still, a good price on a new machine would be sorely tempting. For me, it undoubtedly would be an adventure bike. Ugly, but oh so utilitarian.

My biggest problem is CCs.... Lol. I don't really like anything under 750. I can always sell it if I don't like it, but it's growing on me. And I figure it's time I experiment with different kinds, and sizes of bikes, I have all the freedom in doing so, and right now I figured it's a good time to do just that. I know my expenses, newly sperated.... I'm gonna live my life how I want. I can jump on this and tool around the mountains and not kill myself....I can on the Max as well, just depends on if I feel like throwing around a 400 pound bike, or a 680 pound bike lol. I'd love to have an old school café racer.... I've always liked the look of those. Don't matter what brand, they all looked good.

<sigh>. You make me nostalgic for days of yore, FM. Since moving from dirt to street as a kid, the SMALLEST bikes I have had over the last 40 years were the "big" British twins during that phase of my life (650s).

Nowadays, I have a bunch of motorcycles and am grateful. But, combined, they might be worth what lots of folks pay for one fancy, new Honsuzkawahaglide. And I get to choose a mount for the day.

Still, a good price on a new machine would be sorely tempting. For me, it undoubtedly would be an adventure bike. Ugly, but oh so utilitarian.

I see countless adventure bikes in the mountains. SS panniers on the sides, small fairing, skid plates, engine guards.

My biggest problem is CCs.... Lol. I don't really like anything under 750. I can always sell it if I don't like it, but it's growing on me. And I figure it's time I experiment with different kinds, and sizes of bikes, I have all the freedom in doing so, and right now I figured it's a good time to do just that. I know my expenses, newly sperated.... I'm gonna live my life how I want. I can jump on this and tool around the mountains and not kill myself....I can on the Max as well, just depends on if I feel like throwing around a 400 pound bike, or a 680 pound bike lol. I'd love to have an old school café racer.... I've always liked the look of those. Don't matter what brand, they all looked good.

I have a 33 year-old Yamaha 1 litre sportbike, the road tests said, "easy 10 seconds in the 1/4-mile," I bought it a year-old from a friend, the original owner, I know the mechanic at the shop where it was bought, who assembled it. I don't ride it much, but while it's not an air-cooled inline 4 of 900 or 1,000 cc, a KZ1000J, a 1100GPZ; Suzuki GS1100/1150E or ES, or a Honda CB1100F, it does represent the water-cooled bikes of the later 1980's, which were head and shoulders better handling/better performing than the air-cooled sports bikes of the early-mid 1980's. Two more years, and it is eligible for an antique tag in Florida, which means the tag stays with the bike forever. I had a hotted-up KZ1000J that I sold after I got the FZR1000, the difference in riding and performance was extreme.

Latest posts

Back