• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2nd gen 240 rear wheel found on Dallas Craigslist

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txfatboy

Reaction score
Found this for sale on the Dallas Craigslist. These are getting harder to find, so if you just gotta have one..... I know nothing about the wheel or the seller. just passing on the info.
[email protected]

For the Gen. I's, I have a wheel for-sale, 5-1/2" X 18 " which is much-closer to the height of the OEM wheel/tire, so you don't lose as-much top-end as you do whan going to a 17" rear wheel/tire. Not-cheap, but much-cheaper than the Dallas TX CL Gen. II wheel offering. Running a much-wider rear tire may require you to notch your swingarm.
18 inch X 5 and one-half inch VMax wheel.jpg

1400.00 dollars. Thats too steep for something that sold originally 800.00 - 900.00

1400.00 dollars. Thats too steep for something that sold originally 800.00 - 900.00
Microeconomics: "Willingness to-pay." It's past your limit. Someone-else will probably be glad to get an OEM wheel in that size, and consider it "a deal!"

You think that's expensive try searching for a Hazet tool kit for an early air-cooled Porsche, and be-prepared to be-amazed at the prices they go-for. Even the individual tools, or the cloth wrap, individually. When you're entering your car at Pebble Beach in the concours, having those accessories earns you points. If you just spent $250,000 on a restoration you're not going to quibble over someone selling an OEM toolkit for your RSK for $1,500. And, surprisingly, that would be a bargain!

True....but try finding a set of factory hard bags for a gen 2......for the same price as what they originally sold for.

You're going to drop a good chunk having me widen your wheel where this leaves you the option to resell your wheel which will bring $250-$300 (I would give $250 right now for your stock wheel).

I just randomly-picked something to price-check: a crankcase engine breather tubes and canister like on a Dynojet Stage 7 carburetor kit, 248 euros, I assume. Pretty-steep.

The 591L wheel I saw priced was 698 euros, including VAT & w/exchange or whatever-else they charge., not shipping, I think that's pretty-reasonable. It costs me > that to have-made a 1200 Gen 1, 5-1/2" X 18" rim

VAT does not apply as we are outside of Europe, but shipping and US tax comes on top.

And 180 if you don't have a OEM Rim to send in.

I will be calling them next week, practising my german :D

I offer the widened rear gen 2 (and gen 1) rear wheels as well.

Oh, I did not know, otherwise I would not have referred to the other shop, don't want to impact local business. :/

Can you give me a quote for the widened rear for a gen 2?

No problem with competition lol!

We use a stock wheel (we can do the work on our cores so you don't have to leave the bike without anything on it while we do the work). The stock lips are removed and new custom lips are formed and welded back in place. This does leave a weld bead though i believe we could grind the weld down if so desired (at extra cost). We were able to leave the bearings in this first one but if you want it powdercoated they have to be removed in order to go in the oven. If they are painted we can mask them and leave them in. We might be able to do a chrome service on these but not sure how clean the aluminum cores are (we struggle on the gen 1 wheels). See pics.

$900 - Conversion Work (exchanged) - No refinish work performed at this point
$50 - Postage back to you from machinist

Optional Work
$50 - Postage to me from machinist
$50 - Labor for R&R of bearings
$90 - New OEM Bearings/Seals (not including cush drive/ABS stuff which you will swap from your wheel)
$150 - Powdercoating (a few colors to pick from)
$50 - Postage to you from me

$350 Core Wheel (if you want to buy it outright with nothing to return

I can also have the welded on beads machined down for an additional cost if so desired. I don't have the pics with me at the moment but feel free to email me at [email protected]

Back