2ND GEN Deal waiting to happen!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealer charges could wreck a perfect deal. Fletcher's HD here puts OTD Prices on their bikes.....

Though I have heard the best place to buy an import is at a HD dealer, they don't want any "jap scrap" polluting their sales floor and will blow out price them to get them out of there ASAP. HD dealers always see it as "upgrading" when you trade in an import for an HD (LOL), and that arrogance can net you a deal.

I know this VMax and the owner Damon...He lives in Warrenton and is one of three people that bought new VMax's from Blalock Cycles on the special order program in '08. He had it on consignment at Blalock's this spring for four month's and asking $12,395. but nobody picked it up and he took it back home and parked it in the garage with his Gen 1 FZ1 and Midnight Venture Royale. I would like to think it's on consignment again rather than a trade in because he ditched Harley for Yamaha and said he would never own one again...IDK. I can say that this VMax is a very nice motorcycle for the asking price with modifications ($24,000.) and needs very little performance tuning to make it right. Somebody is going to be VERY happy!!!

Philip

From PATMAX FOR SOMEONE LOOKING AT THIS BIKE...Reposted By Me at his request...... Hey Dave, just got an email from that Harley dealer in VA that was selling a 4,xxx mile 09. They said they would take 12k out the door to an out of state buyer which only means one has to pay their own state tax upon registering the bike. Don't know if you can post this info in the original thread but looks like someone can get a screaming deal on it. I'll forward you the email I got for you to check out. Patmax

Patrick,
>
>
>
> We will accept your offer of $12,000 “out the door”. Typically
> we have a $199 processing fee on all transactions, but I will includ
> e that in the $12,000. You would obviously be responsible for tax, t
> ag and title in Florida. Contact me with a deposit and let me know w
> hen you would like to pick it up.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
> Kevin

Sure looks like a good deal. Wonder what all the stealer's fees add up to?
I saw one for 13,500 on CL without the dealer prep. What's the prep on a used bike with 4k on it? And from a different mfg. Yo, wipe that bike down the new owners almost here.
Steve-o

Last edited:
Thanks for posting up Kevin the H-D salesmans reply. "Out The Door" must have a different meaning in Virginia but the sales was prompt getting back to me. Don't know if they will actually take 12 K OTD but they are not far and suprisingly are NOT trying to jack anyone on prep or other extraneous fees. Sounds like they do business different from my local H-D stealerships. Refreshing I must say!

I am "This Close" to closing this deal! Actually been having a pleasant experience dealing with the HD Salesman Kevin. I'll let you all know if it all goes through. Trying to get them to deliver to Daytona for me in the spring! Cross your fingers AND toes for me!
PATMAX

Good luck. crossing everything I can,I will ask the same of you for my spring delivery of a 2010,only differance is that Ill be riding mine home!

I am "This Close" to closing this deal! Actually been having a pleasant experience dealing with the HD Salesman Kevin. I'll let you all know if it all goes through. Trying to get them to deliver to Daytona for me in the spring! Cross your fingers AND toes for me!
PATMAX

DO IT!!! You won't regret it. I drove all the way from MI to St. Louis, MO to pick mine up about ten days ago and I finally got to really ride it for the first time last weekend (bad weather up here) and it is AWESOME!!! Go get it, the difference between a gen1 and gen2 is astounding. I'm glad I wear a full face helmet because I had the goofiest grin on my face the entire time I was on it last weekend. :biglaugh:

My only caveat in your situation is to go see it and ride it IN PERSON... I just can't bring myself to trust any dealership salesperson no matter how pleasant they seem (might just be me though) and I never buy something of this magnitude sight unseen. Just my 2 cents. : )

Scott

I know this VMax and the owner Damon...He lives in Warrenton and is one of three people that bought new VMax's from Blalock Cycles on the special order program in '08. He had it on consignment at Blalock's this spring for four month's and asking $12,395. but nobody picked it up and he took it back home and parked it in the garage with his Gen 1 FZ1 and Midnight Venture Royale. I would like to think it's on consignment again rather than a trade in because he ditched Harley for Yamaha and said he would never own one again...IDK. I can say that this VMax is a very nice motorcycle for the asking price with modifications ($24,000.) and needs very little performance tuning to make it right. Somebody is going to be VERY happy!!!

Philip

Just went back through and read all the posts and this (underlined part in the above quote) popped out at me. Not up to date on all the gen2 mods yet (still learning), but this sounds like it needs a PCV or an ECU re-flash because of the aftermarket exhaust to make it run properly.

I could be wrong about that and I hope someone will chime in with some helpful info, but it seems to me just one good reason to go see it in person.

Still a damn good price and that exhaust system isn't cheap.

Scott

Latest posts

Back