Quantcast

2nd Gen front brakes

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Reaction score
Just got a 2009 2nd gen, and the front shakes when braking above 60mph. I don't think it is the rotors because under 60mph it is smooth regardless of pressure applied. Was wondering if it is typical of the ABS system. I've owned 2 other bikes with abs and they didn't do this.

Jerry Klay

Reaction score
+1 on the rotor buttons. I've had my 09 front brake pulse usually a hard grab at even 30-40 mph seems to correct it

Reaction score
Cleaned and lubed all buttons, cleaned and lubed slide pins for the pads. Still only vibrates above 60.

Jerry Klay

Reaction score
I had a wobble at 50-55. Had a hell of a time finding it. Turned out to be the tire. Don't know if it was bad from the beginning it wore bad from a bad balance.

Had the front off the ground. Calipers off and had a block close to the tire and gave it a spin. It was grossly obvious it was out of round by about 1/4".

Just a thought as something to check.

Reaction score
Was yours only vibrating while braking? Riding is smooth as anything just only the front brakes above 60mph, like 58mph smooth brakes, 60 plus it vibrates.

Jerry Klay

Reaction score
Hands off the bars would wobble. Touch the bars would stop. Felt pulsing when light breaking.

Latest posts