• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2nd generation final drive assembly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the middle of a supercharger install, I decided to replace my drive unit with an Otec case. Many parts unavailable and on backorder. Been waiting since December. I'm in need of a used fully assembled rear drive unit so that we can finish this build while waiting on backorder to arive. Any leads would be much appreciated !!

The original diff case was damaged. Bike is at Karns Performance in Pennsylvania. They can't finish the supercharger install without the rear differential assembly being completed. The original was disassembled to swap into the Otec case. The original is beyond re-using. G-force supercharger install on hold till can get a rear differential. Dyno runs required for tuning, etc ....

That's a good price for a used gen 2 diff. I will give you most of that once you get your Otec one built.

I'll send the entire assembly in exchange for a tour of your shop ... and a beer !! I'm just happy as hell to get this supercharger done. BST carbon fiber wheels, Full Hindle 4-1 exhaust, VMAX Supercharger kit from G-Force ... we're expecting over 270 rear wheel HP !! The NOS sucked .... period.

Before you go all out with running that thing hard I suggest you not run it to the peak RPM until Tim Nash gets the retune work completed. The injectors reach max duty cycle before redline so the bike runs lean. I bought one gen 2 vmax already that smoked the engine in it.

We can work out something on the diff i'm sure!

Back