• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale 2we engine and trans for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2WE engine and trans I’m looking to get rid of. My 97’ runs great and getting tired of walking around it in my house. It has the spin on oil filter and engine wiring harness but no carbs. Bought it from a bike that was parted out because of lost title and it does have good compression. I have about $900 in purchase price and gas to go pick it up so I’m open to offers but I could always keep it too. Thinking someone on here might need it and don’t want to sit on it if it could get you back on the road. I live in western North Carolina.

Attachments

• 35F84F51-C369-4DDC-9BCA-2AF6D616FBA2.jpeg
    35F84F51-C369-4DDC-9BCA-2AF6D616FBA2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • DFD7702B-A37A-45CA-B7A1-4660DAC530AA.jpeg
    DFD7702B-A37A-45CA-B7A1-4660DAC530AA.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
I suspect you may be hearing from Captain Kyle... .

"Road trip!"

I was 1st time in Asheville this spring, I liked it, and would go back. We stayed in a $$$ home w/elevation in Hendersonville, and had a great time, visiting Great Smokey Mtn. National Park, and the Biltmore. GSMNP made me want my bike, and the Biltmore made me want to be rich! Not really, we are comfortable, and it was fun to see how the property was developed. The city of Asheville has lots of interesting things to do, I like the topography and the architecture. We spent most of an afternoon at a pinball museum, where we played many games. Asheville Pinball Museum

did you ever see it run ? Trans good how about mileage on it ?
I didn’t hear it run. It had already been removed. My plan was to go through it and have a spare. The gentleman I bought it from seemed honest and I went to his home to pick it up. Drove a long way as there aren’t many opportunities for vmax parts in my area. I have a couple other bikes and as I get older I’m going to try to get to just my Vulcan nomad. Probably going to sell my 97’ at some point too. Way too fast for me. I’ve turned it over by hand with a little oil down the cylinders and keep it in the house.

Fortunately for those wondering the O.P's location, he's kind-enough to do what is suggested of members, to list their general location below their avatar. He's in Asheville. The same city as this downtown mural:

Bootsy Collins Muddy Waters Asheville NC - Copy.jpg

Fortunately for those wondering the O.P's location, he's kind-enough to do what is suggested of members, to list their general location below their avatar. He's in Asheville. The same city as this downtown mural:

View attachment 87670
I was unaware of how to use that feature. Every day we learn something new is a good day. Thanks for the heads-up.

One of the advantages of using the geographical locator is you may find riding partners, or someone to help with troubleshooting or building/repairing.

Thank-you for your financial support of the website.

I am interested and also live in western N.C. let me know your best price and I will come check it out. I'm in Lenoir. Where are you located?
I’m in Asheville and probably won’t go less than 750. That’s what I paid and would just keep it if I can’t get at least that. I’m not in need of the money but my bike runs great and I feel a little guilty sitting on something I might never use. I’m not greedy and if this could get someone back on the road that would be what should happen. It is a great conversation piece though. And as soon as I get rid of it mine will probably blow up. 😂

I’m in Asheville and probably won’t go less than 750. That’s what I paid and would just keep it if I can’t get at least that. I’m not in need of the money but my bike runs great and I feel a little guilty sitting on something I might never use. I’m not greedy and if this could get someone back on the road that would be what should happen. It is a great conversation piece though. And as soon as I get rid of it mine will probably blow up. 😂
I may try and get up there and look at it this coming weekend if you still have it. I plan on drag racing my bike this season and would like to have a spare. Only problem is it's kind of a shot in the dark as to whether it has any issues.

I have a 2WE engine and trans I’m looking to get rid of. My 97’ runs great and getting tired of walking around it in my house. It has the spin on oil filter and engine wiring harness but no carbs. Bought it from a bike that was parted out because of lost title and it does have good compression. I have about $900 in purchase price and gas to go pick it up so I’m open to offers but I could always keep it too. Thinking someone on here might need it and don’t want to sit on it if it could get you back on the road. I live in western North Carolina.
I’m going to keep my spare engine. No real interest and I was only offering to help someone else who might need it. Think I’ll go through it and learn about these engines. Peace.

Back