3 rotors with free shipping under $250!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmmm....chinese brake discs....

At that moment when you're on the brakes giving it all you can you don't wanna be thinking 'chinese quality :) )

I've seen them warp in 500k's of spirited use...
You pay your money and take your chances.
Just saying, personally never.

I've seen them warp in 500k's of spirited use...
You pay your money and take your chances.
Just saying, personally never.

Thats good to know....I have them on mine, so I will keep an eye out for that in the future.

On the flip side I have seen them run on bad ass fast bikes slowing down from 180+ mph and not show a single issues or warpage.

Yes anything from China is a crap shoot. But when a Galfer rotor is almost double the price, on a street bike I don't think you would really have a problem. After all in my eyes they are the same as stock, or maybe a touch better.

Yes china crap metal but you gotta think. How much of your actual vehicle metal is CHINESE lol not much steel is made in america anymore like it used to. Plus you gotta remember where our bikes come from.... JAPAN what makes Japanese steel different? I'm sure japan doesn't make there own steel it probably comes from China just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I had a front pair of Chinese ones on my '86 in FL, they were fine for the 1000s of miles I put on them. And yea, I reckon the Galfers are most prolly also made on China..

Just thought these were a good deal - all three with free shipping. Usually they were around $135 a pair for the front + shipping, which to the US was the best part of another $100!

Over 20,000 miles on my chinese rotors and no issues.

Quality as far as I can see is pretty damn good.

Mike

they also do not have the bolt holes milled so keep that in mind.

On mine....(I have the chinese rotors) there is .005 clearance on one side...and .008 on the other between the bolt head and the lower fork. The stock rotors are counter bored over .030 for room between the bolt head, and lower fork. I asked Sean, and he said that should be fine, because there shouldn't be any side to side movement of the rotor and wheel. If you do...you have other issues.

On mine....(I have the chinese rotors) there is .005 clearance on one side...and .008 on the other between the bolt head and the lower fork. The stock rotors are counter bored over .030 for room between the bolt head, and lower fork. I asked Sean, and he said that should be fine, because there shouldn't be any side to side movement of the rotor and wheel. If you do...you have other issues.

i'd agree, but others might not have that much clearance, with changes in the casting and then machining in the rotor posts perhaps? or those with cazz wheels?

i'd agree, but others might not have that much clearance, with changes in the casting and then machining in the rotor posts perhaps? or those with cazz wheels?

VERY true....and after I put them on...it looked REALLY close...and so posted it here on the forum asking for advice.

Latest posts

Back