365 Motorcycles you MUST ride!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
Just picked up this book the other day, then decided to scan in a few of my favorites, all of which I have owned at one time (except the Busa', and the B-King is close enough!) Notables exceptions? No ZL1000, but hey, at least they got the ZL900 and a few other good ones. It's a good book, I highly recommend it, here's a slideshow of my favorite dozen! Enjoy! :punk:

http://s121.photobucket.com/user/83GS1100E_Tornado/slideshow/365 Motorcycles you MUST ride

I enjoyed your choices, but what's up w/the "value" assigned to the CBX? It says, "$1,050." Is that for one OEM half- pair of the 6/2 exhausts?

I like "Dangerous Dain's" writing, I've followed him for many years, but it looks to me like they could have benefited from some proofreading before publication, to ensure accuracy. For instance, when was the VMax ever quoted as 140 HP? The USA version has always been 145 as far as I know. And, would someone doing VMax headwork take a picture of the heads and valves, and send the pic to the authors? They've given us a lot more breathing capacity than we possess (again, check their specs). I expect more of the authors than they give us here, in-terms of accuracy.

A volume I would recommend instead of this would be the Guggenheim Museum's "The Art of the Motorcycle," which has better photography and I bet more-accurately curated facts for the bikes therein.

Having just come-back from St. Augustine FL and the late spring vintage bike show there, I saw plenty of bikes I would like to ride, I just wish I could ride them as they were designed to be ridden, like the Yamaha TZ750 and the H-D XR750, two bikes of the same displacement, but for competing in wildly-different competitions, and which brings to recall King Kenny's statement about turning the TZ into a flattracker. Who recalls his pithy comment?

Thanks for posting up your choices, I wouldn't turn-down an afternoon on any of them, and have spent time on some of them already.

Anyone ever tried an RG500 Gamma ? I used to race one in street production. Ballistic :)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back