39 mm fcr carbs or 41 mm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Vboost being open at part throttle would lean out the mixture. Maybe thats why?

Fit is the biggest issue. There just isn't a ton of room and the FCR's are race carbs that are tuned for top end flow and doesn't need it.

Sean

Because keihin flat slide or roller slide do not work off vacuum- they are mechanical.

That has nothing to do with the function of the vboost which is electrical and mechanical. Relies purely on RPM and not vacuum of any kind.

I tuned my 41mm on my gsxr 1100 (1109) for everyday driving and put over 75,000 miles on it-When i rolled the throttle wide open it responded like a bat out of hell!! 190mph at bonneville.
So the mistake of thinking roller or flat slides even mechanical round slides like cr's are full throttle carbs are not streetable is out the window.
The vboost would certainly not be useless under a set of "racing" carbs as it would act the same.

Attachments

• MVC-009X.zip
    109.9 KB · Views: 9
First the only reason i would convert is if you were doing a big bore mtr my stock carbs just choked my engine even with morley kit so i went to Pcw setup + i its a snap to do jet changes you dont have to remove the carbs. Also who wouldnt love all that clacking!!!

Latest posts

Back